Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is the chronic, autoimmune disorder which involves multiple organ-systems such as heart, kidney, skin, joints, blood, lungs and, in most severe cases, brain. In this disease, the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks the normal, healthy tissues of the body. Women from the Asian, Afro-Caribbean and Hispanic descent are chiefly affected by this disease. According to National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, the prominence of this disease is majorly in the African-American and Asian populations. During the past few years, the global SLE drugs market has witnessed a paradigm shift from generic and off label drugs to standard innovator drugs with better delivery options. Formerly, the market was equipped with various drugs administered through conventional routes such as oral, intravenous and topical formulations. However, the recent launch of sub-cutaneous formulation of existing drug namely, Benlysta has addressed the unmet need for better and efficient innovator drugs with convenient mode of delivery. Hence in future, the global Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Drugs market would grow prominently due to factors such as rising incidences of SLE, increasing R&D investment on SLE drugs, and rising ageing population. Factors restraining the market growth are increasing drugs prices and presence of stringent regulatory environment.
The global market for systemic lupus erythematosus is segmented on the basis of type of treatments, mode of delivery and geography. The type of treatments considered in this report include: Antimalarial Drugs, Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS), Cytotoxic and Immunosuppressive Drugs, Biologics, Approved Biologics for Treating SLE, Biologics Used Off-Label, and Small Molecules, Emerging Therapeutics (Immunosuppressive and Cytotoxic Drugs, T-Cell Modulators, Pro-inflammatory and Cytokine Inhibitors). On the basis of mode of delivery, the market is further segmented into oral, intravenous, topical and sub-cutaneous routes. Geographically, the report is segmented into four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. Presently, North America occupies major of the market followed by Asia Pacific and Europe region. The key strategies adopted by major players of this market include product launches, collaborations and mergers & acquisitions over last three years. Recently, Lupus Research and Pfizer have formed Novel Research Collaborations with the Leading Academic-Medical Centers. This alliance for Lupus Research (ALR) and the Pfizer’s Centers for the Therapeutic Innovation (CTI) would promote the research activities in the field of systemic lupus erythematosus. Furthermore, the EMD Serono, biopharmaceutical division of the Merck KGaA, and the Pfizer would jointly fund collaboration, for receiving the real-time access towards the data on lupus erythematosus of the Broad Institute for the analysis. These collaborations would enable endorsement of the novel therapeutics approaches in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus. Companies profiled in this report include Anthera Pharmaceuticals Inc., Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Pfizer Limited, Sanofi, Lycera Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Immupharma Plc, and Merck KGaA.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps in understanding the behavior of market
- The projections in the report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential for the in terms of value
- Region-wise and Country-wise Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report
- Exhaustive analysis of the Global Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Market by type helps in understanding the types of treatments that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of systemic lupus erythematosus drugs) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across the geographies
- SWOT analysis of the key market players is provided to illustrate the business strategies adopted by the companies
- The report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Treatment Types
By Mode of Delivery
Key Market Players
Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lycera Corporation, Anthera Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK), Immupharma Plc, Pfizer Limited, Eli Lilly, Merck KGaA., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd