Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by species borrelia. It generally spreads in the humans through infected ticks bite. Patients infected with Lyme disease suffer from symptoms such as depression, fever, fatigue, and skin rashes. If the disease is diagnosed at an early stage then it can be treated with antibiotics. However, if the disease is left untreated then it affects, joint, heart, and central nervous system, and might become a cause for death.
Rise in prevalence of Lyme disease, increase in focus of government toward improvement of healthcare facilities, and emergence of new Lyme disease diagnostic tests drive the market. However, lack of awareness regarding the disease and inefficiency in Lyme disease testing majorly restricts the market. In addition, growth in interests of key players toward R&D of Lyme disease diagnosis is expected to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
The report segments the global Lyme disease diagnostics market based on emerging diagnostic technology and end user. By diagnostic technology, the market is classified into serological test (ELISA and Western Blot), urine antigen tests, lymphocytic transformation test, immunofluorescent staining, nucleic acid test, and others. Based on end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, public/private laboratories, and physicians office. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the global Lyme disease diagnostics market include Abbott Laboratories, T2 Biosystems, Canon Life Sciences, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Alere Inc., Roche Diagnostics International Ltd., Graphene Frontiers, Covance Inc., Immunetics Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Boulder Diagnostics, Affymetrix Inc., Siemens AG, Baxter International Inc., and Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global Lyme disease diagnostics market and the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market based on product assists to understand the trends in the industry.
- Key market players and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Lyme Disease Diagnostics Market Key Segments:
By Emerging Diagnostic Technology
- Serological Test
- Urine Antigen Tests
- Lymphocytic Transformation Test
- Immunofluorescent Staining
- Nucleic acid Test
By End User
- Public/Private Laboratories
- Physicians Office
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA