Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate is a stable, water-soluble, non-poisonous, and non-irritating provitamin C. The chemical name of this substance is magnesium L-ascorbyl acid-2-phosphate. It acts as an excellent additive in modern functional whitening cosmetics and can accelerate the formation of collagen by utilizing free oxygen radical. The modification of sensitive hydroxyl group in ascorbate using phosphoric ester helps to make magnesium ascorbyl phosphate resistant to atmospheric oxygen.
The rise in demand for better skin quality among the customers worldwide is the major factor that contributes toward the market growth. Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate has the potential to boost skin collagen synthesis and has minimal side-effects. Thus, it is increasingly being used in skin care products and cosmetics. Moreover, as magnesium ascorbyl phosphate helps protect the skin from ultraviolet rays, it is also used in suncare products. It is considered non-irritating skin whitening agent and has anti-oxidant properties. Hence, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate inhibits skin cells to produce melanin and lightens age spots. The increase in the geriatric population and the rise in demand for youthful skin among the consumers drive the market growth. However, as magnesium ascorbyl phosphate is a derivative of vitamin C, its acidic and exfoliating properties can cause some side-effects on sensitive skin, which can hamper the market growth.
The global magnesium ascorbyl phosphate market is segmented based on application and geography. Based on application, the market is classified into cosmetics, healthcare, food industry, and others. Cosmetics segment is further divided into suncare products, makeup products, skin lightening products, and anti-aging products. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Spec-Chem Industry Inc., Jigs Chemical, BOC Sciences, Seidler Chemical Co., Charkit Chemical Company LLC, Nanjing Joint Friends Chemical Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA, Showa Denko K.K., M.C. Biotec Inc., and Seashell Technology, LLC are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of disposable gloves) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps understand the behavior of the market
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate Market Key Segments:
- Sun-care Products
- Makeup Products
- Skin Lightening Products
- Anti-Aging Products
- Food Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA