Malathion, also known as carbophos, maldison, and mercaptothion, is an organophosphate insecticide with relatively low human toxicity. It is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, a diverse family of chemicals that includes sarin and carbaryl. In agricultural production, it is widely adopted to control diverse types of insects such as aphids, leafhoppers, and Japanese beetles on a variety of food and feed crops such as blueberries, limes, cotton, cherries, garlic, dates, and celery. It also controls broad spectrum of other insects including ants, fleas, fruit flies, hornets, mites, moths, spiders, thrips, ticks, and weevil. Moreover, its residential uses include vegetable gardens, fruit trees, variety of ornamentals, and in public health pest controls programs to control mosquito-borne illness.
Malathion products are available in the form of liquid, powder, dust, wettable, or emulsion. It has lower level of toxicity to humans than any other pesticide, but it is highly toxic to aquatic organisms and bees. Extensive demand in agriculture industry drives the global malathion market. However, Effects on nervous system on entry in both humans and animals may hinder this growth during the forecast period. Moreover, growth in population and increase in food demand are expected to provide the substantial growth opportunities to the industry players in the near future.
The global malathion market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. On the basis of product, it is divided into liquid, powder, emulsion, and others. On the basis of application, it is classified into agriculture, residential, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as AkzoNobel N.V., Dow AgroSciences LLC, Suven Life Sciences, Paramount Pesticides Ltd., Huludao Lingyun Group, Xinyi Taisong Chemical, Sinochem, Biostadt, Coromandel, and Shivalik Rasayan Ltd., are also provided in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global malathion market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Malathion Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA