Male breast cancer is a type of cancer that forms in the breast tissue of men. Although breast cancer is mostly associated with female population, it occurs in older geriatric male population as well. Symptoms associated with male breast cancer include thickening lump in your tissue and changes in the skin such as dimpling, puckering, or scaling. Additionally, there are frequent instances of nipple discharge. Cancer usually develops when cells associated with male breasts develop more rapidly than usual healthy cells. The accumulating cells develop into a tumor that spreads into other parts of the body. This tumor further results in various different kinds of breast cancers that develop in males, including ductal carcinoma, lobular carcinoma, and inflammatory breast cancer. Additionally, inherited genes and mutations in gene BRCA2 may put them at a higher risk of developing breast cancer. Few other risk factors associated with breast cancer include older age, estrogen exposure, and Klinefelter’s syndrome. Diagnosis of the tumor is conducted through estrogen & progesterone receptor test. Additionally, HER2 test is conducted to establish volume of HER2 genes associated with the tumor. Furthermore, if the tumor is successfully diagnosed, treatment includes surgery, which includes breast-conserving surgery and chemotherapy. Further, hormone therapy is conducted to block the action of cancerous cells. Hormone therapy includes administration of tamoxifen to patients who suffer from estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer and metastatic breast cancer. Treatment further includes administering advanced therapeutic medications in a targeted therapy. It makes use of monoclonal antibodies, including trastuzumab, pertuzumba, and ado-trastuzumab.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global male breast cancer treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in the incidence of cancer and other chronic diseases across globe owing to rising geriatric population and unmet medical demands for advanced, quick, and reliable therapeutic medications are anticipated to drive market growth for male breast cancer treatment market.
Additionally, rising government spending on research and development of cancer medications in regions with high economic muscle such as the U.S. and Europe and increasing awareness on the treatment mechanisms drive the market growth.
Rise in the ethical acceptance of various therapies, including radiation may boost market penetration in undeveloped regions. This is attributed to flexible regulatory frameworks and favorable reimbursement policies.
However, high costs associated with the design, development, and administration of chemotherapies, and radiation therapy may hamper market growth. The trend is likely to be witnessed more eloquently in economically less developed regions such as the Middle East and Central Africa.
In addition, lack of awareness in the same regions due to less digital penetration, inefficient government intervention, absence of global players & lethargic, and non-entrepreneurial mindset among general population are expected to decline the market growth.
Key Market Trends
- North America is anticipated to witness huge gains with respect to male breast cancer treatment market, owing to rising cases of male breast cancer incidents in the region coupled with robust healthcare infrastructure.
- Research conducted across North America have brought to light the fact that men suffering from breast cancer need a more sophisticated genetic counselling and better treatment options vis-à-vis female patients.
- A study conducted at Mayo Clinic in 2019 has brought into consideration prognosis factors associated with male breast cancer.
- A recent study conducted at Washington University in 2020 established the fact that males suffering from breast cancer are at higher risks of suffering from cardiac diseases. Patients tested under the study showcased lower ejection fraction and subsequent reduction in the volume of blood heart pumps out with each beat.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the male breast cancer treatment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the male breast cancer treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the male breast cancer treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the male breast cancer treatment market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Male Breast Cancer Treatment Report
- Which are the leading players active in the male breast cancer treatment market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the male breast cancer treatment market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the male breast cancer treatment market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is male breast cancer treatment?
- What is the male breast cancer treatment market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Male Breast Cancer Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
GlaxoSmithKline, Teva Pharmaceutical, Novartis, Eli Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Sun Pharmaceutical, Bayer, AstraZeneca, Sanofi, Seattle Genetics, Roche, BioNumerik Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer