Mandelic Acid Market Analysis :
Mandelic acid is an aromatic alpha hydroxy acid, with the molecular formula C6H5CH (OH) CO2H. It is a solid white crystalline that gets dissolved in water and organic solvents. It is used as a drug and antimicrobial in personal care and pharmaceutical products for dark spots, wrinkles, acne, and other skin care problems. The main benefit of mandelic acid is that it can be gentle on the skin compared to other alpha hydroxy acid (AHAs). This makes it an ideal choice for those with sensitive skin. Mandelic acid also improves the appearance of skin as it improves the production of collagen, which is the main protein component found in the skin and connective tissue. As mandelic acid can be used with methenamine to produce mandelamines, it is often used to treat urinary tract infections (UTI).
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Attributed to COVID-19 impact, the demand is declining for organic chemicals; and slump can be witnessed in the chemicals market. This has majorly affected the mandelic acid market.
- Key competitors or market players of mandelic acid are from China. China exports chemicals to various countries. Therefore, the supply of mandelic acid for manufacturing of products has greatly affected due to shutdown of manufacturing sites.
- Crunch in supply chain services and problems, such as shortage of mandelic acid, can be witnessed.
- Further, prices are dropping due to lack of supply and demand.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Strategies to produce valuable bio-flavor are expected to leverage huge advances currently made in the emerging fields of functional genomics, proteins, proteins, and metabolic engineering.
As a cosmetic ingredient, mandelic acid has various benefits, enabling it to meet consumer needs such as removing dead skin, repairing damaged skin, treating freckles, and developing an anti-aging method. In contrast, government regulations on mandelic acid are one of the factors that can hinder the market growth.
Increasing consumer concern in personal care is increasing the demand for mandelic acid. This is one of the factors that drive the demand for mandelic acid during the forecast period.
By region, the study is done accordingly by taking in considerations the regions such as North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK, France, and the Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of LATAM), and the Middle East & Africa. The demand for the North America mandelic acid market is expected to grow due to an increase in the aging tendency of human and associated EPA's approval to use it as a drug and cream ingredient. The increase in drug shedding and the popularity of pharmaceutical products are expected to favor the Europe mandelic acid market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global mandelic acid market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global mandelic acid market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global mandelic acid market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the mandelic acid market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Mandelic Acid Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
BASF, Runder Pharmda, BIOTEC, Xinhetai Science and Technology, Keyuan Biopharma, TNJ, R.L. Chemicals, Smart Chemicals