Manned Anti-Tank Guided Missile System Market Outlook – 2027
The global manned anti-tank guided missile system (ATGMS) market is experiencing a significant growth due to surge in defense expenditure globally. Manned anti-tank guided missile system is designed with main objective to destroy armored vehicles. Manned anti-tank guided missile systems can vary in size from shoulder launched weapons to aircraft mounted weapon system. Moreover, modern manned ATGMS enables infantry in a battlefield to destroy armored vehicles from a greater distance using guidance system such as laser, radar, and electro-optical imager seeker. In addition, operator has the capability of lock-on both before and after the launch of missile system to prevent giving away operator position in the battlefield.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The COVID pandemic is expected to delay existing projects and planned projects due to lockdown imposed by the governments around the world.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic will be visible directly on the short supply of raw materials due operational issues.
Anti-tank guided missile tank system defense contractors are dealing with supply chain disruption as well as workforce shortage due production site access restrictions imposed by authorities to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Travel ban imposed by governments around the world to slow the spread of COVID-19, has hampered & delayed weapon system production and testing, especially for defense contractors relying on international workforce.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in new generation anti-armor weapon system, increase in demand for fire-and-forget attack capability, and rise in adoption lock-on after launch (LOAL) having high impact accuracy are the factors that drive the global manned anti-tank guided missile system market. However, modern armor technology such as active protection system and presence of electronic jammers hinder the market growth. On the contrary, growing demand for shoulder ATGMS in developing countries, requirements for man portable air defense system in terrorist infested regions, and developments in precision targeting to reduce collateral damage present new pathways in the industry.
The global manned anti-tank guided missile system market trends are as follows:
Demand for fire-and-forget attack capability
Fire-and-forget missile systems have significant advantage over other ATGMS in terms of guidance system. Recently, in 2020, Lockheed Martin Corporation and Raytheon Company are building Javelin anti-tank missiles for the US Army, US Marine Corps, and US Navy under terms of a 121.8 million USD order. The Javelin anti-armor weapon is an infantry fire-and-forget missile guided with electro-optics system with lock-on before launch and automatic self-guidance designed to destroy main battle tanks, armored personnel carriers, and other armored combat vehicles. In addition, Javelin offers lock-on before launch and thermal imaging infrared-guided seeker for automatic self-guidance that attacks the vulnerable tops of armored vehicles. Moreover, the warhead has two shaped charges, a precursor warhead to detonate any explosive reactive armor, and a primary warhead to penetrate the base armor. The missile also is effective against buildings and enemy helicopters. Such demand for fire-and-forget attack capability is expected to boost the global manned anti-tank guided missile system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global manned anti-tank guided missile system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global manned anti-tank guided missile system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global manned anti-tank guided missile system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global manned anti-tank guided missile system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the manned anti-tank guided missile system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the manned anti-tank guided missile system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Manned Anti-Tank Guided Missile System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
General Dynamics Corporation, KBP Instrument Design Bureau, Denel SOC Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd., SAAB Group, BAE Systems PLC, Roketsan A.S., MBDA, Raytheon Company