Mannosylerythritol lipids (MEL) are surface-active bio surfactants of glycolipid class. It has excellent biochemical and interfacial properties obtained from a variety of fungal and yeast extracts. In addition, excellent dispersing, emulsification, and frothing properties under variable temperature ranges have made these lipids gain momentum in various residential and non-residential applications.
The increase in demand for biodegradable and ecofriendly products has triggered the mannosylerythirol lipids market, which is expected to gain traction in the coming years. The growing demand for household detergent is expected to trigger the growth of this market. Furthermore, these lipids function biochemically against leukemia and tumor cells, which is likely to gain traction in pharmaceutical applications. The use of yeast glycolipids and mannosylerythirol lipids as bio pesticides has increased the scope of its application in the agricultural sector. The application of mannosylerythritol lipids in hydrocarbon fuels as a pour point depressant is expected to witness increase in demand in oil and gas applications. The operational cost involved in production coupled with shorter shelf life is expected to hinder the market growth. However, research and development coupled with consumer awareness about natural products is expected to drive the market.
North America is the dominant region in the mannosylerythirol lipids market followed by Europe. The increase in agricultural and personal care applications in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to gain traction in countries such as China, India, and Japan.
The report on the global mannosylerythirol lipids market is segmented based on application, end-user, and geography. Based on application, the market is segmented into oilfield chemicals, skin care, surfactants, medical, household, agrochemical food processing, and others. According to end user, the report includes oil and gas, personal care, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Top market players include Kanebo Cosmetics Inc., Agae Technologies, Jeneil Biotech Inc., Soliance, Suraya Corporation Ltd, Ecover, Toyobo Corporation Ltd, Damy Chemicals, and Biotopia Co ltd.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of current market and estimations from 2014 to 2022 that assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on the global mannosylerythirol lipids market.
- In-depth coverage of the market including drivers, restraints, and opportunities helps professionals to better understand the market behavior.
- Detailed study of the strategies of key leaders, partnerships, and acquisitions in the market is provided.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the market and assists strategists in better decision-making.
- Pinpoint analysis of geographical segments helps to identify opportunities for growth within the market.
Mannosylerythritol Lipids Market Key Segments
- Oilfield chemicals
- Skin care
- Food processing
By End User
- Oil and Gas
- Personal Care
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA