Marfan syndrome is a genetic disorder that affects connective tissue, specifically the fibers which connect and support the body organs. It affects the eyes, bones covering the spinal cord, lungs, and connective tissue of the heart and blood vessels. Connective tissue is composed of proteins especially fibrillin-1, which are responsible for holding the whole body, i.e., tissues, organs, and cells together. The FBN1 gene mutation produces protein fibrillin 1 which causes Marfan syndrome. A fibrillin protein defect can cause overgrowth in the bones. In addition, Marfan syndrome primarily affects the skeletal system, cardiovascular system, skin, and eyes of humans. The symptoms and signs of Marfan syndrome vary from one person to another and are difficult to diagnose. Diagnosis can be carried out through medical history, eye examination, physical examination, chest X-ray, genetic testing, MRI scan, prenatal testing. The most common treatment indicated for this syndrome includes beta-blocker, aortic dilation, calcium channel blocker, bone and joints treatment, eye treatment, surgery, and others.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the Marfan syndrome treatment market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in prevalence of Marfan syndrome among infants across the world drives the market growth.
- Increase in incidence of genetic disorders, and rise in population are projected to boost the market growth
- In addition, government initiatives are aiming to provide better reimbursement policies, to provide better treatment plans are expected to propel growth of the market.
- Furthermore, rise in research and development activities for the treatment of Marfan syndrome, increase in healthcare expenditure, and improvements in healthcare infrastructure positively affect the market.
- However, limited scientific data on the treatment and cure of Marfan syndrome are likely to restrain the growth of the Marfan syndrome treatment market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Marfan syndrome treatment market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Marfan Syndrome Treatment Market Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the Marfan syndrome treatment market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Marfan syndrome treatment market?
- What is Marfan syndrome treatment market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the Marfan syndrome treatment market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the Marfan syndrome treatment market report?
Marfan Syndrome Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Treatment Type
By Route of Administration
By End User
Key Market Players
Qualitek Pharma, Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Ipca Laboratories Ltd., Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, ANI Pharmaceuticals Inc., Validus Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sanofi, Sanis Health Inc., Alvogen, Merck and Co. Inc.