Marine fenders are essential components of maritime infrastructure serving to protect ships and berth structures from damage. The marine fenders are primarily intended to protect the port and vessels from collision with other vessels. These are utilized to avoid damage during the docking process between the marine vessels and the docking structure The emergence of pneumatic marine fenders has proven to be the ideal alternative for traditional marine fenders in the recent years because of their low maintenance and low cost which will directly contribute to the growth of the global marine fenders market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had three major effects on various markets: immediately decreasing production and demand, disrupting the supply chain and, and having a financial impact on firms and employees, and the global maritime fenders (Marine Fender) market is not an exception. The global impact of the coronavirus disease is huge and has severely affected the marine fender market in 2020. The dominant g players of the global Maritime Fenders (Marine Fender) market; however, are resolute to adopt new strategies and look for new financing resources to overcome the rise in barriers in the market growth.
Top Impacting Factors
- Expansion of seaborne trade, rise in trade due to industrialization & globalization, the development of new ports and expansion of existing seaports drive the growth of the global marine fender market.
- Supply of inferior quality fenders hinders the growth of the global marine fender market.
- Technological advancements provide lucrative opportunities for the global marine fender market.
Metal – Skinning Energy Absorbers, Alternative to Elastic Marine Fenders
Marine fenders incorporating elastic components are often used to protect berthing structures. One of the primary reasons of unplanned downtime of berthing facilities has been the failure of elastic marine fenders Manufacturers in the marine fender market are innovating on the performance of novel materials that are likely to affect energy absorption and subsequent berthing forces as well as developing technologies to make fenders cost-effective and environmentally sustainable. Metal-skinning energy absorbers, a backup system for conventional elastic fenders, is one such development that is expected to exhibit rapid expansion soon. Metal-skinning energy absorbers protect berthing structures while also providing economic advantages to manufacturers by reducing unplanned downtime caused by elastic marine fenders. Increased research and development are being conducted to integrate metal skinning mechanisms that are compatible with the various sizes of vessels and the skinning depth of the systems. Furthermore, increased focus on sustainable aspects such as component re-use and recycling has emerged as a cost-effective alternative for manufacturers, which is the driving force behind this development. Metal-skinning is the future of the marine fenders market and is expected to drive the global marine fenders market during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the marine fender industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of marine fender market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the growth scenario of the marine fender market.
- The report provides a detailed marine fender market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Marine Fender Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the marine fender market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the marine fender market?
- Who are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Marine Fender Market Report Highlights
By Manufacturing Process
Key Market Players
Bridgestone Corporation, INMARE, THE YOKOHAMA RUBBER CO., LTD, J.C. MacElroy Company, Inc, ANCHOR MARINE & SUPPLY, INC, Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd., SHIBATA INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD, Urethane Products Corporation., Trelleborg Marine Systems, Lalizas Italia s.r.l., MARINE FENDERS INTERNATIONAL, INC