Maritime security is associated with the safety of vessels, ports, and infrastructure-related to maritime shipping business from terrorism, sabotage, or treason. Maritime security provides superior and advance technology for detection of various hazards and communication with all the available officials. It also renders the service, which helps in identification and elimination of the potential threats, including terrorist attacks, business transactional crimes, environmental damages, illegal immigration, and piracy. These threats disturb international business along with creating political turbulence, which makes the maritime security a prime importance.
Rise in need for defense against new emerging threats such as cyber-attack, rapid increase in international trade by sea, and regulatory compliances for trade by maritime. Various rules and regulations are administered for the better integration and regulation of maritime security, which plays important role in coordination of international trade by sea. The technological advancements, and successful integration with new technology such as smart containers, with abilities such as GPS tracking can offer significant growth opportunities for the market. Ungoverned sea regions in various parts of the world may lead to different maritime security concerns across the world
Key vendors are trying to excel the technological advancement for better integration with maritime security. SIGNALIS S.A.S. delivered the first Vessel Traffic Management System (VTMS) to Sri Lanka on April 2014, which lead to better traffic management and improved navigation safety within the port of Colombo and its surroundings.
The maritime security market is segmented on the basis of the service, category, and geography. In terms of category, it is divided into port & critical infrastructure, vessel security, and costal surveillance. Based on service, it is classified into training, risk assessment and investigation, maintained and support, consulting, and others (loss prevention, security management, and counter piracy). By geography, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive analysis and profiles of the major market players such as BAE Systems Inc., Elbit Systems Ltd., Harris Corporation, Honeywell International, Kongsberg Gruppen, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Anschutz GmbH, Saab, Leonardo-Finmeccanica, and SIGNALIS S.A.S. is also provided in this report.
- This report is an extensive analysis of current and potential market trends in the dynamic global market of maritime security.
- The report contains in depth quantitative analysis of current and future market estimations through 20162023, which helps recognize the appealing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market helps understand the current practices for the better investment decisions.
- Key market players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the market.
- Extensive analysis of the talent management tool market is conducted by monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Maritime Security Market Key Segmentation:
- Risk Assessment and Investigation
- Maintenance and Support
- Others (Loss Prevention, Security Management, and Counter Piracy)
- Port and Critical Infrastructure Security
- Vessel Security
- Coastal Surveillance
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East