Matting Agents Market Analysis
Matting agents are additives that are blended with coatings and paints to grant a matte completion toa substrate. Matting agents when used with paints and coatings scatter approaching light along these lines giving a matte impact to the ideal surface. In addition, higher the dosing of matting agent in the paint, stronger is the matting effect. Matting agents with smaller size give lower matte effect as compared to matting agents with larger size. Matting agents are generally categorized based on waxes, silica, and organic compounds. Silica gel matting agents are widely used in the coatings industry for matting purposes and that is highly efficient in producing the type of surface roughness which is responsible for the appearance of mattness. These are either obtained from either silica gel process or hydrothermal process. Wax based matting agents used for matting are obtained from polypropylene and polyethylene compounds.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The global market for matting agents is severely impacted by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The COVID-19 pandemic saw a decline in the economic growth in almost all the major countries, thus affecting consumer spending patterns.
- Owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap.
- Thus, insufficiency in raw material supply is expected to hamper the production rate of matting agents, which negatively impact the market growth.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Preference for matte completed surfaces has seen a consistent development over the ongoing past allegedly because of aesthetic appeal related with matte completed surfaces. Utilization of matting agents has seen a vigorous growth, particularly in construction industry, along these lines enhancing the development of matting agents showcase. Also, matting agents dependent on waxes and silica have the indistinguishable refractive indices as that of compounds utilized in paints. Though cost of matte finish coatings are relatively higher than that of conventional coatings, thus restraining the expected growth of matting agents market. Inorganic based matting agents which are used with PVC plastics tend to produce protuberances on the surface of the substrate. This decreases the impact resistance properties of the surface, thus limiting its applications and obstructing the expected growth of matting agents market. Due to its matte completion in coatings industry, its demand is also rising in consumer products and automotive industry.
New product launches to flourish the market
ACEMATT 3400 is the new matting operator in the ACEMATT product family from Evonik Resource Efficiency GmbH, uncommonly created for high-transparency clear coatings and delicate touch coatings with smooth surfaces. ACEMATT 3400 is surface-treated, warm silica with a medium-molecule size of 7.5 µm. The improved pound execution brings about a smooth surface finished with exceptional optical and haptic properties. This exceptionally productive silica is intended for use in clear coatings and water-and solvent based coatings. Average application fields include wood coatings, plastics, and car coatings. Furthermore, this new kind of tangling operator can be utilized in high-solids and low-VOC formulations.
Surge in use in electronics devices applications
Architectural industry can contribute to the significant growth in matting agents. Increasing population and the need for aesthetic infrastructure boosting the growth of matting agents. Matting agents are being developed in order to increase stain resistance property of soft touch coatings. Matting agents provide functions, such as inertness, film absorptivity control, burnish and scrub resistance, and high brightness when used for architectural applications. Water based technology is the most commonly used technology for architectural coatings. The water-based technology provides high heat and abrasion resistance, which increases the demand for matting agents in the market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Matting Agents market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Matting Agents market.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global Matting Agents market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global Matting Agents market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Matting Agents market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the matting agents market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the matting agents market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Matting Agents Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Lubrizol Corporation (U.S.)., Huntsman Corporation (U.S.), IMERYS Minerals Ltd. (France), AkzoNobel (Netherlands), J. M. Huber (U.S.), W.R.Grace (U.S.), Evonik Industries (Germany), Arkema (France), BYK Additives & Instruments (Germany), PPG Industries (U.S.)