Medical composite is a non-viable material intended to interact with the biological system and is used in a medical device. Medical composites are widely used to replace, restore, or improve the functions of disturbed or degenerated tissues or organs. They help heal and recover abnormalities, thereby improving the quality of life in patients. Medical composites for orthopedics are used as bone plates, bone cements, intramedullary nails, and in bone replacement.
Increase in the prevalence of joint problems, obesity, and geriatric population are the major factors that drive the medical composite material market for orthopedics. Furthermore, numerous advantages of medical composites such as lightweight, long life cycle, corrosion resistant, radiolucent, and bio-compatible have increased its demand in the treatment of orthopaedic conditions.
A rise in the number of accidents & trauma cases and technological advancements in the orthopedic sector are anticipated to fuel the growth of the market. However, volatile raw material prices and stringent government regulations associated with the manufacturing and sales of medical composites are anticipated to hinder the growth of the market. Ongoing R&D activities on medical composite material for orthopedics is anticipated to provide opportunities for the market growth.
The market is segmented on the basis of fiber type, application, end user, and region. Based on fiber type, the market is segmented into carbon, ceramic, and glass fiber. Based on application, the market is classified into hard tissue application, soft tissue application, tissue engineering applications, prosthetics, and others. Based on end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, research institutes, and others. By region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Medical Composite Material Market Key Segments:
By Fiber Type
- Hard Tissue Application (Bone Fracture Repair, Hip and Knee Replacement)
- Soft Tissue Application (Grafting)
- Tissue Engineering Applications
- Others (Biomimetic Sensors, Actuators, and Artificial Muscles)
By End User
- Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Quatro Composite LCC
- ACP Composites, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
- Vermont Composites, Inc.
- Royal DSM
- Icotec AG
- Polyone Polymers India Pvt. Ltd
- Composiflex Inc
- Polygon Company