Medical computer carts are devices intended to ease the work load of nurses and other healthcare professionals as well as to enhance patient care and safety. Medical computer carts form a crucial aspect of medical aid, as they facilitate bedside patient care through their ability to record, store, and dispense equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals, patient information, and related data.
These medical computer carts are available as non-power medical carts or with on board power systems. Various medical computer carts designed to cater the surgical and emergency needs of the operating room and other medical settings are available in the industry. Further, medical computer carts are also differentiated based on their heights and prices depending on their intended application base from small, medium, or large hospitals, pharmacies, and clinics.
The global medical computer carts market is growing rapidly owing to the increase in adoption of electronic health record (EHR) and electronic medication administration (eMAR). The adoption of EHR and eMAR has resulted in minimizing medical errors, rise in rapid and easy accessibility to medical supplies and equipment, and growth in focus on improvement of patient safety & nursing efficiency. Furthermore, the development of advanced technologies, such as telemedicine, are beneficial to fuel the demand and application of medical carts.
However, high costs of medical computer carts, limited availability of funds, and dearth of skilled professionals impede the market growth.
The global medical computer carts market is segmented based on the product type, applications, monitor, and end users. On the basis of product, it is classified into powered medical carts, non-powered medical carts, and others. Based on monitor, it is categorized into one monitor, two monitor, laptop, and tablet. Based on applications, it is divided into medical documentation, medical equipment, medication delivery, telehealth workstation, and others. Based on end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Advancements in technologies and growth in number of hospitals result in the growth of this market. Further, many companies develop artificial intelligence platform to be used in medical carts, which is beneficial for patients and doctors. For instance, AliveCor developed a mobile app by which a patient can take ECG test in 30 seconds.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Ergotron, Inc., Capsa Solutions LLC, Enovate Medical, InterMetro (Emerson), Parity Medical, ITD GmBH, Advantech Co., Ltd, Compucaddy, Bytec Medical, and Villard is also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global medical computer carts market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2017 and 2023.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market estimations through 20172023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by studying the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value and volume.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of medical computer carts) elucidates the competitive scenario across the geographies.
Medical Computer Cart Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Powered Medical Carts
- Non-powered Medical Carts
- Medical Documentation
- Medical Equipment
- Medication Delivery
- Telehealth Workstation
- One Monitor
- Two Monitor
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA