Medical contrast agent is a material used in medical imaging to improve the contrast of structure or fluids inside a body. The contrast agents provide enhanced visibility for observation of blood vessels and the gastrointestinal tract. According to the imaging modalities such as x-ray and ultrasound, an array of contrast reagents is used as per requirement of the imaging technique.
The medical contrast agent market is driven by growth in approval of contrast agents and increase in number of private diagnostics clinics & services. Moreover, technological development in diagnostics imaging and strong product pipeline of market players are expected to boost the market growth. However, high cost of medical imaging equipment and lack of skilled professionals in the industry may impede this growth.
The global medical contrast agent market is segmented based on type, procedure, route of administration, indication, application, and region. Based on type, it is classified into barium-based contrast media, iodinated contrast media, gadolinium-based contrast media, and microbubble contrast media. Based on procedure, it is segmented into X-ray/computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and ultrasound. Based on route of administration, it is categorized into oral contrast media, injectable contrast media, rectal contrast media, and urethral contrast media.
Based on indication, it is divided into cardiovascular disorders, oncology, gastrointestinal disorders, musculoskeletal disorders, neurological disorders, and nephrological disorders. The application segment includes radiology, interventional radiology, and interventional cardiology. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as GE Healthcare, Bayer AG, Bracco Imaging S.P.A., Guerbet Group, Lantheus Medical Imaging, Nanopet Pharma GmbH, CMC Contrast AB, Daiichi Sankyo, Subhra Pharma Private Limited, and Spago Nanomedical AB, are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis, current trends, and future estimations of the global medical contrast agent market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Medical Contrast Agent Market Key Segments:
- Barium-based Contrast Media
- Iodinated Contrast Media
- Gadolinium-based Contrast Media
- Microbubble Contrast Media
- X-ray/Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
By Route of Administration
- Oral Contrast Media
- Injectable Contrast Media
- Rectal Contrast Media
- Urethral Contrast Media
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Nephrological Disorders
- Interventional Radiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA