Medical imaging reagents are chemicals used for the proper visualization and imaging of organs or structures. These reagents or compounds help the physician in better diagnosis and detection of diseases; thus, they play a vital role in the healthcare and medical industry. The modern approach involves using these reagents in animal research before their reaction can be evaluated on humans. The emergence of these reagents has addressed the increasing need for better therapeutics as they assist in detecting changes at the molecular level with the aid of X-ray and ultrasound.
The world medical imaging reagents market is driven by rising cases of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases, technological advancement, and unmet medical and diagnostic imaging procedure need. Besides, rise in geriatric population, increasing expenditure on healthcare, and growing demand for effective procedures and safe medication are expected to further fuel the market growth. However, lack of reagents supplier and strict government regulations restrict the growth of the market in developing regions.
The medical imaging reagent market is divided on the basis of type, technology, application, and geography. By type, it is segmented into contrast reagents, optical reagents, and nuclear reagents. The market is segmented on the basis of technology into nanoparticles, fluorescent proteins, fluorescent dyes & probes, radiopharmaceuticals, and quantum dots. On the basis of application, it is categorized into diagnostics, drug discovery & development, and R&D. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA.
Product launch has been adopted by the companies for market growth. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. launched several medical imaging reagents, which enhanced visibility such as Image-iT Hypoxia Reagent. The compound measures hypoxia in live cells around tumors and is applicable in detecting cell viability, proliferation, and function.
Key players operating in this market include Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Bayer AG, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc., Bracco Imaging S.p.A, and General Electric Company.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future potential from 2014 to 2022, in terms of value.
- The report analysis the segmentation of the medical imaging reagents market on the basis of product.
- Analysis of the examination of the factors that curtail and boost the market growth is provided.
- Leading companies adopt strategies such as collaboration to evolve the market growth rate.
- Region-wise and country-wise, the market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- In-depth analysis of the applications for medical imaging reagents is presented, which assists in understanding the market.
MEDICAL IMAGING REAGENTSMARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Market by Class
- Contrast Reagents
- Optical Reagents
- Nuclear Reagents
Market by Technology
- Fluorescent Proteins
- Fluorescent Dyes & Probes
- Quantum Dots
Market by Application
- Drug Discovery & Development
Market by Geography
- North America
- South Africa