The medical linear accelerator (LINAC) is a high-energy X-ray machine used for the treatment of deep-seated cancers by using high-energy photons. Medical LINACs accelerate electrons using a tuned-cavity waveguide, in which the radiofrequency (RF) power creates a standing wave. This device is most commonly used for external beam radiation treatments for patients suffering from cancer. It emits high-energy X-rays or electrons that are targeted towards the tumor-affected region.
The growth of the global medical LINAC market is majorly driven by rise in prevalence of cancer. Furthermore, advantages of LINACs over other conventional devices and increase in awareness & availability of LINACs in medical settings boost the market growth. However, high costs of these devices and stringent government regulations towards medical LINACs hamper the growth of this market.
The global IHPD market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into high-energy machine, medium-energy machine, and low-energy machine. By end user, it is classified into hospitals, clinics, and research centers. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and subsegment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Varian Medical Systems, Elekta AB, Accuray, Inc., Hitachi, Shinva Medical Instrument Co., Ltd, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., Huiheng Medical, Inc., Top Grade Healthcare, GE Healthcare, and Koninklijke Philips N.V. are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of linear accelerators in medical settings.
Medical Linear Accelerators (MLA) Market Key Segments:
- High-energy Machine
- Medium-energy Machine
- Low-energy Machine
By End User
- Research Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA