Medical Mask Market Outlook:
The global medical mask market is experiencing a major growth, and will grow considerably in next few years. Medical mask is a type of personal protective equipment (PPE). Masks are widely used in hospitals, clinics, and research laboratories for protection from an exposure of bacteria and viruses. Therefore, it is effective in prevent transmission of respiratory viruses and bacteria. Generally surgical masks are made of three layers. These are widely used during surgeries and also worn by the individuals in pandemic crisis as per the government guidelines across the globe. Face masks offers 90-95% of effective protection in blocking the transmission of the disease in such pandemic.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Medical masks market is booming in Covid – 19 pandemic periods due to ever increasing cases of corona each day across the globe leading to respiratory issues among the public health sectors and population which can be reduced by taking precautions by wearing personal protective equipment’s (PPE) to maintain hygiene.
- Initiative taken by the government for issuing guidelines and documents for the use of personal protective equipment’s (PPE) masks which includes gloves, surgical masks, grown, and others. For instance, in April 2020, World Health Organization (WHO) has issued guidelines for the use of medical masks. Moreover, many organizations such as Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Occupational Safety and Health Organization have regulated usage of N95 masks to protect against the coronavirus in the pandemic crisis.
- Many key players are fastening their manufacturing and distribution to meet the need of the consumers for surgical masks to reduce the shortage of mask production. For instance, china had increased onine sale upto 60%. Further, in 2020, 3M Company has doubled its production of gloves from 400 million to 1.1 billion.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in the prevalence of the infectious & respiratory diseases and awareness among the populations regarding face protection in the pandemic. In addition, government initiatives towards the usage of masks N95 and surgical masks are major factors driving the growth of medical mask market. However, shortage of medical masks is the prime restraint that can hamper the market. Conversely, surge in the COVID-19 pandemic across the globe has increased the demand and sale for respirator masks particularly among nursing and health, care professionals and due to its easy affordability has propelled the growth of medical masks market in the pandemic period.
The global medical mask market trends are as follows:
New product launches and collaborations to flourish the market
The need for launches of new products and constant innovations has tremendously driven the market growth. For instance, In April 2020, Partners HealthCare has launched a new large scale N95 mask sterilizing facility. In addition, in March 20202, Medicom has come into long-term supply agreement with Canadian Government in support of new mask production facility. Furthermore, in June 2020, Livinguard Technologies has launched mask that can that can directly inactivate bacteria and viruses, including 99.9% of the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
Surge in usage in medical applications
The medical masks has its maximum application in respiratory safety applications, and while performing surgeries. These are widely used by the healthcare professionals to ensure the surroundings are microbe free. The treatment of Covid-19 and infectious diseases has gained the maximum attention towards the medical masks market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global medical mask industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global medical mask market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global medical mask market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global medical mask market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Medical mask Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the medical mask market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Medical Mask Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Mölnlycke Health Care, B. Braun Melsungen, Honeywell, Cardinal Health, Prestige Ameritech, Owens & Minor, Kimberly-Clark, Ansell., ADVENTA Health, 3M Company