Medical nutrition is the focused constituent of patient’s health management. It assesses nutrition status in the patients and it helps in boosting their immune system and supports their medical condition. It is used by dieticians or doctors as drug complements in conventional therapies. Medical nutrition includes modification of diet, education & counseling, intravenous nutrition, tube feeding, medical food, and imparts self-diagnosis medication. Medical nutrition plays a vital role in preventing diseases such as Alzheimer’s, HIV, sarcopenia, obesity and diabetes.
The major factors that are driving the growth of this market are rising incidences of illness globally, premature birth and aging health conscious population. Soaring demand for adequate nutrients due to the changing life style is also contributing to the advancement of the market. However, the factors that are limiting the development of the market are high price and critical reimbursement policies enforced by the governments in various countries. Medical nutrition products contain prebiotics & probiotics that have a focused market such as aging population. These factors are unlocking the door of opportunities for the expansion of this market.
Medical nutrition Product Market Analysis
Market is segmented into infant nutrition, parental nutrition and enternal nutrition. Enternal segment is the largest revenue generating segment due to rising awareness of the consumers about their health and a higher demand for nutritional products.
Medical nutrition Geography Market Analysis
Geographically, Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and RoW. North America is the largest revenue-generating segment due to the largest population pool that is suffering from chronic diseases and relatively more number of health conscious population.
The key strategies adopted by the companies to expand in the Medical nutrition Market are product launches, mergers & acquisitions and agreements & collaborations. These strategies would yield strong performing products. It would also help in boosting the awareness of medical nutrition in the untapped medical market. Top players in the market are Nestle, Nutricia & NeoMed, Danone, Abbott Nutrition, Mead Johnson Nutrition Co., Baxter International, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG.
High level Analysis
The report presents detailed analysis of medical nutrition market using Porter’s five forces model. According to porter’s analysis, the bargaining power of the supplier is high due to high cost of switching. The bargaining power of buyer is low due to the specialized products of medical nutrition market. Threat of new entrants is high, as business needs moderately high capital investment.
- The study helps to analyze the medical nutrition market trends to provide in-depth knowledge of the market segment and thus, helps the market players to build up viable strategies
- To classify competitive strategies adopted by the crowned players and thus, assist the stakeholders business decisions
- Porter’s five forces model helps to understand the scope of the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers and threat of the new entrants
- Analysis of the current market scenario, forecasts of the future transition trends and projected revenue of the market through 2013-2020 are expounded in the report. Thus, help stakeholders analyze the market
- The analysis focuses on the wide range of opportunities for the enlargement and expansion of the market
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
Medical nutrition Market Analysis is classified according to products and geographies.
Market by Product
- Infant Nutrition
- Prenteral Nutrition
- Amino Acid-based Products
- Dextrose-based Products
- Fat-based Products
- Additives-based Products
- Enteral Nutrition
- Elemental/ Semi- Elemental
- Specialized Entetal Nutrition
Market by Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific