Oxygen concentrators and cylinders are used for providing oxygen supplies to the patients. Having said that, the delivery methods are quite different in both the oxygen suppliers. If we have a look at the market in India, Oxygen Cylinders are used more often but there has been but there is a hike observed in the consumption of oxygen concentrators and is gaining popularity amongst the healthcare faculties.
It has been observed that oxygen cylinders can occupy only a limited amount of oxygen and it runs out when the user inhales it. Once the oxygen supply is over it needs to be replaced or refilled. Cylinder can also keep the delivery of the oxygen continuously.
On the other hand, oxygen Concentrators can produce and can also filter the oxygen at medical-grade, and the supply of the oxygen is never-ending and works till the power of the battery associated with the concentrators doesn’t wear off. The oxygen concentrators work similarly to the air conditioners. Oxygen concentrators vary from device to device, and are also available in various options like portable devices.
If we have a look at the oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders there are several advantages observed:
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of the infected population the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With a rise in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil populations for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize on this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
Owing to such factors, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis:
There has been observed various new and growing cases of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPDs) and there have been upgrades in the technology for the betterment of the oxygen concentrators are the major factors affecting the growth of the medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market.
Moreover, the manufacturing companies have been working on introducing new products and technologies for the oxygen concentrators, which are helping in the improvement of quality care.
Additionally, government, regulatory bodies, and NGOs have been running various programs and campaigns to spread awareness around the citizens concerning the COPD and measures taken to cure and prevent it.
The expenditure on the healthcare sector is increasing and the medical amenities have been improving as well, there have also been upgrades in the technological segments of the medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders and is pushing the growth of the market.
On the other hand, oxygen concentrators need to be recharged after a certain period for the battery to work efficiently and the purity issues of the oxygen supplied are creating challenges for the medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market.
New product launches and acquisitions to flourish the market:
On February 28th, 2018, GCE healthcare introduced Clarity oxygen concentrators which had monitoring systems for working at the remote control level.
Surge in usage in homecare and non-homecare segments applications:
Homecare and non-homecare are the major consumers of the medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market. Amongst them, the home care segment is the biggest end-users in the market. The reason behind this demand rise is the therapies of healthcare oxygen being on a rise and there has also been an increase in the demand for the pure oxygen and upgrades in the technology.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders Market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Medical oxygen concentrators and oxygen cylinders Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
AirSep Corporation, O2 Concepts, LLC, CAIRE Inc, OxyGo, LLC, ResMed, Invacare Corporation, Philips Healthcare, Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, Inc, Nidek Medical, Inogen, Inc.