Simulation is the virtual duplication of real activities or phenomenon, representing the functions and properties of the selected real abstract or the process. It is used to train healthcare professionals through advanced healthcare technology.
The major factors that drive the global medical simulation market are technological innovations, rise in focus on patient safety, increase in healthcare costs, high incidence of chronic disorders, and surge in demand for minimal invasive technologies. However, cost ineffective medical simulators and limited funds provided by the government may restrain the market growth. Limitations of healthcare personnel, growth in emphasis on patient safety, and untapped market prospects present numerous growth opportunities.
The global medical simulation market is segmented on the basis of product & services, end user, and regions. Based on product & services, it is divided into medical simulation anatomical models, web-based simulation, simulation software, and simulation training services. Surgical simulators are further sub-segmented into as laparoscopic surgical simulators, arthroscopic surgical simulators, cardiovascular simulators, gynecology simulators, and others. The simulation software segment is bifurcated into performance recording software and virtual tutors. Simulation training services consist of vendor-based training services, custom consulting services, and educational societies services. On the basis of end user, the market is classified into academic institutions, hospitals, military organizations, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Prominent players operating in this market are Laerdal Medical AS, CAE, Inc., 3D Systems, Inc., Simulab Corporation, Simulaids, Inc., Limbs and Things, Ltd, Kyoto Kagaku Co. Ltd, Mentice AB, Surgical Science Sweden AB, and Gaumard Scientific Company, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps in understanding the various types of products used for simulation.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Medical Simulation Market Key Segments:
By Product & Services
- Medical Simulation Anatomical Models
- Patient Simulators
- Task Trainers
- Surgical Simulators
- Laparoscopic Surgical Simulators
- Arthroscopic Surgical Simulators
- Cardiovascular Simulators
- Gynecology Simulators
- Endovascular Simulators
- Ultrasound Simulators
- Dental Simulators
- Eye Simulators
- Web-based Simulation
- Simulation Software
- Performance Recording Software
- Virtual Tutors
- Simulation Training Services
- Vendor-based Training
- Custom Consulting Services
- Educational Societies
By End User
- Academic Institutions
- Military Organizations
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA