Medical spa is a division of the spa market, which specializes in performing medical procedures such as facial treatments, Botox, dermal fillers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, laser hair removal, liposuction and body contouring, varicose vein removal (sclerotherapy), tattoo removal, and others. The medical spa market provides different health benefits it to its customers, and thus is expected to grow at the fastest rate. Most of the services are performed by medical professionals, such as physicians assistants, nurses, and aestheticians.
Changes in lifestyle of the people and the health benefits associated with spa drive the market growth. The use of aesthetic medicine and cosmetic treatment options, which majorly involve non-surgical procedures to treat the patient also fuel the market growth. However, the cost of these procedures is high. Further, despite high cost, there is a chance of the customer not being satisfied with the treatment. These factors limit the growth of the market.
The medical spa market is segmented on the basis of services, end users, and geography. Based on services, it is classified into body shaping, hair removal, facial treatments, tattoo removal, scars and striae, and vascular lesions. The market segmentation for end users include women and men. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The key players in the market are Cynosure, Inc. (U.S.), Lumenis Ltd. (Israel), Syneron Medical Ltd. (Israel), Spa Vitoria (U.S.), Sciton, Inc. (U.S.), Westchase MedSpa (U.S.), and True Skin Care Center (U.S.).
- The study provides an in-depth analysis with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the market.
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2017-2023 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
Medical Spa Market Key Segmentation
- Body Shaping
- Hair Removal
- Facial Treatments
- Tattoo Removal
- Scars and Striae
- Vascular Lesions
By End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players
- Cynosure, Inc. (U.S.)
- Lumenis Ltd. (Israel)
- Syneron Medical Ltd. (Israel)
- Spa Vitoria (U.S.)
- Sciton, Inc. (U.S.)
- Westchase MedSpa (U.S.)
- True Skin Care Center (U.S.)