Medical waste is any waste having contagious materials such as human body fluids, pathological, microbiological, and animal waste. Highly contagious sharps waste like blades, glass pipettes, needles, and other waste should be disposed of. These bags are made of different materials which include polymers, HDPE, polyethylene, and other materials. These bags have high demand in laboratories, hospitals, chemical industries, and pharmaceutical industries to collect the medical waste material for its further disposal. In applications related to the collection, storage, and transportation of medical waste these bags are winning attention. Superlative strength linked with excellent puncture resistance anticipated raising the demand for medical waste bags.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This in turn is expected to have a significant impact on the medical waste bags market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Developments in the healthcare industry, rise in patient population, progression in volume of medical waste across the globe, increase in the volume of lab testing and diagnostic samples, are the factors that drive the growth of the medical waste bags market.
- In addition, developing government initiatives for medical waste disposal, growing importance for eco-friendly waste management, strict regulatory guidelines for efficient waste management in the world, are some factors, which boost the market growth for medical waste bags.
- However, lack of training for proper disposal of medical waste, scarcity of awareness regarding health hazards linked with medical waste, strict government regulation related to banning the use of plastics in many countries may hinder the medical waste bags market growth.
Medical Waste Bags Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In August 2018, Berry Global Inc. acquired Laddawn, Inc. (US). The acquisition assisted the company in growing its position in the custom-made trash bags market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the medical waste bags industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the medical waste bags market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the medical waste bags market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the medical waste bags market.
- The report provides a detailed medical waste bags market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the medical waste bags Report
- Which are the leading players active in the medical waste bags market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the medical waste bags market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Medical waste bags"?
- What is "Medical waste bags" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Medical waste bags" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Medical waste bags" Market report?
Medical Waste Bags Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Rumoma Industries, GV Health, Rubbermaid, Lithey,, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Medline Industries, Midmark, Symphony Polymers, Inteplast Group, Bellcross Industries