Medical waste management refers to the appropriate processing of waste materials generated by the healthcare institutions. These waste materials are generated at clinics, bloods banks, clinics, laboratories and more. The emergence of medical waste management solutions have played a key role in preventing the release of toxic compounds into water and land. Medical waste management solutions treat waste responsibly by adopting environment friendly treatment procedures. These treatments are ecofriendly and emit zero toxic emissions, fumes & gases enabling repurposing of waste into resources.
There are numerous factors driving, restraining and generating opportunities for the world medical waste management market. Rising concerns over employing eco-friendly and safe waste management and treatment process is likely to drive the market in years to come. In addition, the growing healthcare industry would generate more medical waste thereby, generating opportunity for the market. However, lack of awareness about the health hazards associated with medical waste, lack of training for proper disposal coupled with inadequate funds have hindered market growth of world medical waste management.
The market is segmented in terms of disposal or treatment site, type of waste, service, treatment and geography. The treatment site for medical waste disposal can either be offsite or onsite. On the other hand, waste materials are classified as hazardous and non hazardous waste. The market is also bifurcated in terms of waste treatment services which include collection storage, recycling & transportation, recycling and disposal of the waste. These waste could be treated by chemical treatment, incineration & autoclaving and others. On the basis of geography, the report segments the world medical waste management market into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
Enterprises are seen investing generously in research and development to bring in environment friendly ways to treat the waste. Events such as conferences, conclaves, more focused held across different countries are focused on raising awareness about the subject and promote environmental degradation. Major market players are now collaborating to favor innovative ways of disposing the waste. List of prominent market players features enterprises such as Waste Management, Inc., Stericycle, Inc., Clean Harbors, Inc., Remondis Medison GmbH, Republic Services, Inc., BioMedical Waste Solutions, LLC, Daniels Sharpsmart, Inc., Suez Environnement S.A., Veolia Environnement S.A., Sharps Compliance, Inc. and others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the world medical waste management market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis
- Porters five forces and SWOT analyses of key market players in the industry have been provided to highlight the growth strategies adopted by them
- The value chain analysis of the industry signifies the key intermediaries involved and elaborates their roles and value additions at every stage in the value chain
- The quantitative analysis of the market during the period of 20152020 has been provided to elaborate the market potential
MEDICAL WEAST MANAGEMENT MARKET SEGMENTS
Market By Type
Market By Treatment
- Chemical treatment
Market By Services
- Collection, Transportation & Storage
Market By Disposable Site
Market By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Suez Environnement S.A.
- Clean Harbors, Inc.
- Stericycle, Inc.
- Veolia Environnement S.A.
- Remondis Medison (A Subsidiary of Remondis Ag & Co.Kg)
- Republic Services, Inc.
- Sharps Compliance, Inc.
- BioMedical Waste Solutions, LLC.
- Daniels Sharpsmart Inc.
- Waste Management, Inc.