The membrane electrode assembly (MEA) is the key component, which helps to produce electrochemical reaction required to separate electrons. In this, a fuel (methanol or hydrogen) diffuses through the anode and is met with an oxidant on the cathode side. The resulting ions bind with fuel and receives electrons, which were separated from fuel. Catalyst present on each side enables reactions and the membrane permits protons to pass through and separates gases. Cell potential is maintained in this procedure and current is drawn from cell generating electricity. A typical membrane electrode assembly is composed of polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM), two gas diffusion layers (GDL), and two catalyst layers. Membrane electrode assembly with this configuration is termed as 5-layer membrane electrode assembly due to its composition.
Increase in demand for fuel cell systems due to rise in environmental concerns and stringent regulations, especially in Europe and North America, to reduce carbon emission fuel the growth of the membrane electrode assemblies market. However, high cost of catalyst utilized in membrane electrode assemblies restrains the market growth. Technological advancements and increase in demand for membrane electrode assemblies from emerging economies due to rise in electricity demand are expected to provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the membrane electrode assemblies market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into 3-layer membrane electrode assemblies, 5-layer membrane electrode assemblies, and others. According to application, the market is classified into electrolyzers, polymer electrolyte fuel cells, hydrogen/oxygen air fuel cells, direct methanol fuel cells, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive Competitive Analysis And Profiles Of Major Market Players Provided In The Report Are As Follows:
- Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Giner Inc.
- Greenerity GmbH
- HyPlat (Pty) Ltd.
- IRD Fuel Cell Technology A/S
- Johnson Matthey Plc
- The 3M Company
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Wuhan WUT New Energy Co., Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global membrane electrode assemblies market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Membrane Electrode Assemblies Market Key Segments:
- 3-Layer Membrane Electrode Assemblies
- 5-Layer Membrane Electrode Assemblies
- Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cells
- Hydrogen/Oxygen Air Fuel Cells
- Direct Methanol Fuel Cells
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA