Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) are miniaturized devices and structures manufactured through microfabrication. These elements have brought a technological advancement in various fields but its medical application is most remarkable. MEMS has allowed the medical industry to increase the precision and accuracy of the medical devices. These devices are used to manufacture miniature and portable devices for surgical, diagnostic, and monitoring purposes. The demand of MEMS embedded devices has increased due to their high efficiency and compact design.
MEMS in medical applications has a growing market, attributed to the rise in demand of precision and accuracy of medical devices. Furthermore, the market is driven by the increase in demand for automation in laboratory devices. However, the stringent governmental regulations restrains the growth of the market.
The report segments the MEMS in medical applications market on the basis of application, type of sensor, end user, and geography. On the basis of application the market is segmented into diagnostic, monitoring, surgical, and therapeutic. According to the type of sensor used the market is classified into pressure, temperature, microfluidics, accelerometers, and flow. Further under end user segment hospitals, home healthcare and healthcare research are included. On the geographical basis, the breakdown of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major key players of the market develop their MEMS embedded devices products to expand their product offerings as well as allowing the medical professionals to provide accurate results. The companies are either aiming for product approval or acquiring other developing firms for the same purpose.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such Honeywell Sensing And Control, Royal Philips, Texas Instruments Inc., STMicroelectronics, Electronics NV, General Electric Company, Debiotech S.A., Agilent Technologies, Omron Corporation, and Silex Microsystems is also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the world MEMS in medical applications market.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to interpret the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142022, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the MEMS in medical applications market is provided.
- Key market players are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predicts competitive outlook of world MEMS in medical applications market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Application
- By Type
- By End user
- Home Healthcare
- Healthcare Research
- By Geography
- North America
- South Africa
- North America