Menkes syndrome is essentially a rare, X-linked genetic disorder of copper metabolism, which is caused by gene mutations of copper transporter ATP7A that disrupts the copper levels in the body and makes it hard for the body to properly distribute the copper throughout the body. Thus, the brain and other body parts have deficiency of copper while the small intestine and kidneys have a buildup of copper. Even infants when affected by this disease get jaundice due to the excessive bilirubin in their blood known as hyperbilirubinemia. This disease is primarily characterized by dry skin, failure to gain weight, and sparse or kinky hair, which is white or grey in color.
What is the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Menkes Syndrome Market?
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the menkes syndrome market.
Top Impacting Factors
- High demand for disease-specific treatment and increase in support from the regulatory authorities help in boosting the growth of the Menkes syndrome market.
- Low healthcare budget in a few developing countries along with the limited operating revenue for R&D by many pharmaceuticals will be hampering the growth rate of this market.
- However, some strategic collaborations and the upcoming competitive scenario in the Menkes syndrome are expected to create potential opportunities for the menkes syndrome market expansion.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In 2020, Cyprium Therapeutics, Inc., a Fortress Biotech partner company, announced the launch of CUTX-101, a subcutaneous injectable formulation of Copper Histidinate, which helps to restore copper homeostasis, and maintaining serum copper levels in the normal age-appropriate range.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Menkes syndrome industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the menkes syndrome market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed menkes syndrome market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Menkes Syndrome Report
- Who are the leading players active in the Menkes syndrome market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Menkes syndrome"?
- What is "Menkes syndrome" market prediction in the future?
Menkes Syndrome Market Report Highlights
By Drug Class
By End Users
Key Market Players
H. Lundbeck A/S, Fortress Biotech, Amerigen Pharmaceuticals Limited, Mylan N.V, Bausch Health, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd