Mepredine is a pharmaceutical drug administered against severe pain caused majorly due to chronic disease prevailing in the patient, including arthritis and chest pains. The drug belongs to class of narcotic analgesics. The drug works on the principle of altering brain’s response toward the pain. Few side effects associated with the drug need to be catered while using the drug. These include nausea, vomiting, constipation, and stomach cramps. In case of severe overdose, naloxone is administered to the patient that works by blocking the effects of opiate analgesics on the body. The symptoms of overdose include blurred vision, dizziness, loose muscles, and difficulty with breathing. In the initial clinical trials, meperidine was witnessed to show anticholinergic properties but soon was discovered to show analgesic properties as well.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the meperidine market.
Top Impacting Factors
- A major reason associated with growth of meperidine market is the rise of anesthesia in surgical procedures. Anesthesia is used is used to relieve patient of acute pain so that the surgical procedure can be carried out without any technical glitch. Different kinds of anesthesia sold in the market are general anesthesia, local anesthesia, and regional anesthesia.
- Growth in the overall contribution of surgical procedures associated with opioid prescriptions in the North American market is expected to boost the meperidine market growth.
- Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, arthritis, and postsurgical pain and the resulting acute pain is anticipated to drive market growth for meperidine.
- Rise in geriatric population in highly industrialized countries such as Japan and the U.S. resulting in increase in demand for pain relief measures is anticipated to further bolster market growth for meperidine.
- Wide array of applications associated with meperidine intake such as headache, muscle sprain, and bruising is likely to augment the market growth.
- However, wide array of side effects associated with meperidine are likely to hamper growth. Some of these side effects include slow heartbeats, severe constipation, muscle tremors, and drowsiness.
- Additionally, lack of awareness regarding advanced therapeutics in underdeveloped and digitally unpenetrated markets may restrain market growth.
Key Market Trends
- North America is likely to exhibit high growth potential, owing to increasing chronic surgeries in the U.S. and Canada coupled with high disposable income.
- Huge increase in the number cosmetic, plastic, and dental procedures performed lately in newly industrialized markets such as China, India, and Brazil with shift of population towards skin improvement mechanisms is expected to augment the revenue generation significantly.
- Validus Pharmaceuticals collaborated with Wood Creek Capital Management to acquire rights to produce meperidine hydrochloride tablets.
- Among dosage form segment, injectable meperidine is expected to witness highest growth rate, owing to factors such as cost efficiency and ease of availability.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the meperidine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Meperidine Report
- Which are the leading players active in the meperidine market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the meperidine market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is meperidine?
- What is the meperidine market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Meperidine Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Assay Type
By Dosage Form
By End User
Key Market Players
Vintage Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Actavis Plc, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Hikma Pharmaceuticals Inc., Purdue Pharma, Boehringer Ingelheim, Pfizer Inc., Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi