Metabolic disorders usually occur due to disruption of the normal processes of the body. These disorders can be hereditary or acquired and the symptoms differ from person to person. Some metabolic disorders cause mild symptoms that can be managed with slight medication and lifestyle changes, whereas few can cause life-threatening symptoms, such as breathing problems, seizure, and organ failure. The treatment for inherited metabolic disorders requires long-term nutritional supplementation and treatment, while those that are caused due to some other disease are treated after those conditions are cured.
The introduction of patient assistance programs to provide treatment for a range of metabolic disorders and the rise in awareness about the availability of therapeutics for these diseases drive the market growth. Moreover, the advancement in technology and increase in funding for the development of novel therapeutic approaches from government and non-government organizations are expected to further boost the market. Some of the commonly available treatment procedures for metabolic disorders include a range of therapeutic medications such as vitamin, mineral, physical therapy, and surgeries.
The global metabolic disorders therapeutics market is segmented based on product, disease, and region. Based on product, it is categorized into metachromatic leukodystrophy, globoid leukodystrophy, hepatic encephalopathy, and others. Based on application, it is divided into diabetes, obesity, hypercholesterolemia, and lysosomal storage diseases. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as AbbVie, Novo Nordisk, Actelion Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, Biocon, Merck, Boehringer Ingelheim, AstraZeneca, CymaBay Therapeutics, and Eli Lilly and Company, are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics through 2017-2023 in the global metabolic disorders therapeutics market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023, in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps to understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within market is provided with key dynamic factors that help understand the market behavior.
Metabolic Disorders Therapeutics Market Key Segments:
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- Globoid Leukodystrophy
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA