Metabotropic glutamate receptors or mGluRs (MGRs) are a form of glutamate receptors that are active through an indirect metabotropic process. They are members of the group C family of G-protein-coupled receptors or GPCRs. MGRs provide a novel target to develop therapeutic agents that are anticipated to have a dramatic impact on the treatment of a wide variety of psychiatric and neurologic disorders.
The growth in the incidence of neurological disorders is anticipated to augment the market growth. Furthermore, rise in disposable income and surge in global geriatric population are expected to propel the global MRG market. However, lack of awareness of MRGs and stringent government regulations towards MRGs impede the growth of the market.
The global MRG market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and geography. Based on product type, it is divided into mGluR2, mGluR4, and mGluR5. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Alzheimers disease, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). By geography, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Addex Therapeutics Ltd, Domain Therapeutics SA, Medgenics, Prexton Therapeutics SA and Taisho Pharmaceutical Holding have been provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided to determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of MRG in medical settings.
Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor (MRG) Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA