Metacycline is a broad spectrum semisynthetic antibiotic that belongs to tetracycline drug class. Esarondil, physiomycine, lysocline, and rotilen are some of the brand names of the antibiotic. Metacycline inhibits protein synthesis and hence cell growth by preventing the binding of aminoacyl transfer RNA to the m-RNA-ribosome complex in the ribosome 30S subunit. The antibiotic is administered in the form of oral tablets.
The wide spectrum of antimicrobial action with the use of metacyclin makes it an active component against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. The increase in the incidence of diseases such as rickettsiae, pneumonia, sinusitis, trench fever, and typhus increases the demand for metacycline, which in turn boosts the market growth. Nevertheless, the adverse effects associated with the use of metacycline such as hepatotoxicity, diarrhea, nausea, enterocolitis, and diarrhea hamper the market growth. In addition, the rise in the number of antibiotic resistant organisms and availability of substitutes such as miciclin, monatrex, and muvito also limit the growth of the market.
The global metacycline market is segmented based on application and geography. Based on therapeutics, it is classified into chronic bronchitis, rickettsial infections, pneumonia, trench fever, typhus, Q fever, sinusitis, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Merck, Boc Sciences, Manus Aktteva Biopharma LLP, Cayman Chemical, Hycultec GmbH, Abcam plc, Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc., Hlzel Biotech, Changzhou Pharmaceutical Factory, and The ND Pharma & Biotech Company are also provided in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global metacycline market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of disposable gloves) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Metacycline Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Hycultec GmbH, Changzhou Pharmaceutical Factory, Cayman Chemical, Abcam plc, Merck, Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc., The ND Pharma & Biotech Company, Hlzel Biotech, Manus Aktteva Biopharma LLP, Boc Sciences