Metagenomics (also referred to as community and environmental genomics), is the genomic study of microorganisms where the DNA of the microorganism is extracted directly and cloned from an assembly of the microorganism.
Factors such as the development of inexpensive next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, high throughput screening (HTS) methods, use of advanced bioinformatics tools such as genome assemblers & gene predictors, and recovery of many novel drugs, antibiotics, & enzymes or isoenzymes drive the market growth. However, limited accessibility of enzyme activity assay and the narrow choice of host in transformation acts as a constraint in the growth of the metagenomics market. In addition, R&D to identify new enzymes and antibiotics, and improved bioinformatics offer attractive opportunities for the key market players.
The global metagenomics market is segmented on the basis of technology, application, and region. Based on the technology, the market is divided into sequencing and bioinformatics. According to application, it is classified into infectious disease diagnosis, environmental remediation, gut microbe characterization, biotechnology, biofuel, ecology, and agriculture. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key companies of the metagenomics market include SciGenom Labs Pvt. Ltd, ENTEROME Bioscience, Aperiomics, Inc., The MITRE Corporation, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated., GATC Biotech AG., Freenome Inc., GenapSys, Inc., COSMOSID, and SECOND GENOME THERAPEUTICS.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding the regional trends.
- Key players and their strategies are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Metagenomics Market Key Segments:
- Infectious Disease Diagnosis
- Environmental Remediation
- Gut Microbe Characterization
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA