Metal pipes with hollow tubes are used for many purposes. Metal Pipes are made in two diverse ways that lead to seamless or a welded pipe. The raw material is first put into the most useful form. Then convert it into a pipe by pulling the metal into a tube by applying force on the edges to make them together and sealing them with metal. The first method was coming in existence in the early 1800's, and they have evolved steadily in the modern systems we use today. Each year, millions of tons of metal pipes are produced. Its flexibility makes it a most used product produced by the metal industry.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The metal pipe market is segmented on the basis of material, end-user, pressure rating, diameter, and region. Based on end user, the market is divided into Potable Water, oil & gas, power generation, wastewater, electrical and HVAC, automotive, and others. Depending on material, it is classified into copper pipes, ductile iron pipes, steel pipes, and other material pipes. Steel pipe is the largest type of steel pipe, while gas and oil are the largest application. On the basis of diameter, it is divided into large diameter pipes (15 Inches and Above) and small diameter pipes. On the basis of pressure rating, it is divided into 300-1000 Psi, 0-300 Psi, 3000 and Above Psi and 1000- 3000 Psi, Pressure Pipes.
Based on region, it is divided as North America, LAMEA, Europe, Asia-Pacific. North America is hoped to remain the largest area because of the increase in gas and oil exploration activities. APAC is hoped to see the highest development in the upcoming period because of increased infrastructure development, urban migration, and government measures to boost the economy in the region
COVID-19 Impact analysis.
- The effect of the COVID-19 outbreaks temporary shutdown, the working, production, and logistic process in Metal Pipe Market.
- Industries related to the use of Metal Pipe Market are more likely to go backwards, therefore, which will lead to lower the demand for Metal Pipe Market in the year 2020-21.
- The temporary suspension of the construction, automotive, oil & gas, food & beverages, agriculture in the first half of 2020, in a lot of countries. These are the key end users of this Metal Pipe Market and closure of these businesses affect the production of Metal Pipe Market.
- However, in Industries related to the use of these markets product are likely to be back on track, therefore, leading to greater demand for Metal Pipe Market in the coming years.
- Metal Pipe Market products are used in the construction, automotive, oil & gas, food & beverages, agriculture thus some of sectors were working during the period of lockdown owing to which the metal pipe market was not badly affeted.
Top Impacting Factors
- The main activists of this market are promoting the construction of new oil and gas pipelines, wastewater and water, replacement of old pipelines, and infrastructure development.
- Emerging trends that have a direct impact on the strength of the metal pipe industry include Increased use of pipeline and advanced technology pipeline and multi-layer piping for strength and durability.
- The growing demand for oil and gas to meet the growing population and rapid urbanization has been supporting the expansion of the market. and can be found on the floor and inside of the residence, laboratory, commercial area and industrial walls. Liquids such as water, natural gas, etc., are transported using these pipes.
- Metal pipe has many advantages, such as durability, sustainability, easy installation, and easy maintenance. Such pipes made of steel, ductile iron, copper, etc., have a certain degree of durability while remaining stable at high temperatures and unaffected by factors such as heat and cold. This makes them an ideal choice for handling water, chemicals and oil.
- An increase in demand for drinking water, which has led to the investment of water infrastructure, and water exploration activities. This is expected to accelerate the demand for metal pipes
- In July 2021, For Carbon recycling Partnership, there a collaboration between Arcelor Mittal and SEKISUI chemical take place. In the Project of CO2, which would otherwise be released, it would be differentiate and obtained from the rich carbon dioxide from the metal-making process. A new process, invented by SEKISUI CHEMICAL in Japan, then converts CO2 waste into carbon monoxide rich artificial Gas (carbon monoxide with hydrogen). Artificial Gas is then returned to the metal-making process as a substitute to the metal extraction, thus minimizing the volume of fossil fuels required for the metal-making process.
- In July 2021, H2PIPE joint industry project on hydrogen pipelines is led by experts of Tenaris. Tenaris' leading role in this international program, with its aim of developing recommended methods for overseas duplicate pipelines and hydrogen transport design, is to identify the strength of technology and robust technology.
- For a Reclamation Water Project in Southern California Northwest Supplying Water Transmission Pipe is Selected. The company is selected to provide the pipelines for the project of water by San Diego. This environmentally and sustainable friendly project is a phased, A plan for years that will offer 40% or more of San Diego's supply of water by the end of 2035.
Key Benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Metal Pipe Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Metal Pipe Market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Metal Pipe Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Metal Pipe Market based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Metal Pipe Market Report Highlights
By End-Use Industry
By Pressure Ratings
Key Market Players
United States Steel Corporation, TMK, Tenaris, Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metals, Kaiser Aluminum, ArcelorMittal, Vallourec, Northwest Pipe, Muller Industries, Amiantit, Saint Gobain