Metal stamping is the industrial process of converting flat metal sheets into specific shapes. This process uses stamping press and number of metal forming techniques like blanking, punching, piercing and bending, for transforming metal sheets into the desired shapes. These metal sheets are mostly used in the automotive industries and large machineries. Metal stamping is categorized into mechanical, hydraulic and servo. The mechanical stamping press uses the pressure from motor driven flywheels. The hydraulic stamping press uses the water pressure for applying force to the material while the mechanical servo uses high capacity motors instead of flywheels. Further, metal stamping process is divided into various types on the basis of their operations i.e. progressive die stamping, transfer die, four-slide and fine blanking stamping.
Covid-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The demand for metal stamping is expected to decrease in 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from electronics and automotive industries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the metal industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the metal stamping market significantly since the last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
An increasing demand for the metal sheets across consumer electronics and automotive industries can act as a major growth driver for the metal stamping market. In automotive industries, increasing demand for the corrosion resistive metal stamping in the production of light motor vehicles has a positive impact on the growth of the metal stamping market. An increasing demand for the smart phones has fueled the demand for metal stamping process in the electronics industry, as metal stamping is used in the manufacturing of mobile antennas, camera lens and other such features. In Asia-Pacific region, China and India are the major consumers of e flat metal sheets, as there is a massive growth in the production of electronic parts and automobiles. The increasing production in the electric vehicles has created demand for the metal sheets, which in turn can boost the growth of the metal stamping market. Moreover, the government initiative for providing electric car subsidies to the manufacturers is likely to boost the growth of the metal stamping market. However the substitute of metal like polymers and carbon fibers, can hamper the growth of metal stamping market. On the contrary, the increasing production of light motor vehicles in the automotive sector can provide new pathways to the metal stamping market.
The global metal stamping market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
The launch of new generation technologically advanced products can boost the growth of the market. In the past few years, many such products having unique features were launched in the market. In November 2018, Schuler, one of the leading metal stamping companies in Germany has launched a new product MC 125. This product offers smart functions to the medium and small sized companies (MSME). The stamping press exerts a force of 500 tons, which is suitable for the production of desired shaped metal parts. These metal parts are not only used in automotive and electronics industries but also can be used in construction industry and home appliances.
High demand from applications:
Now a days there is a high demand for the metal stamping in the consumer electronics and automotive sector. The metal stamping is done using various techniques like progressive metal stamping, deep-draw metal stamping, four-slide metal stamping and short run metal stamping. The deep-draw metal stamping process is used in industries like electrical & electronics, aerospace, and others. In electrical & electronics, the metal stamping process is used in making the electrical relays. Further, in the production of the smartphones metal stamping process is used in the camera lens, exterior body and other such components. In automotive industries, deep draw metal stamping process is used in making the body of light motor vehicles. Other applications include in the complicated parts of utensils and cookware, and in manufacturing of aircraft in the aerospace industry.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the metal stamping market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the metal stamping Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the metal stamping market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Metal Stamping Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Alcoa Corporation, D&H Industries, Kenmode Precision Metal Stamping, Lindy Manufacturing Co., Klesk Metal Stamping, Inc., Brandauer, American Axle & Manufacturing., Acro Metal Stamping, HTT Inc., Nelson-Miller, Thyssenkrupp, Manor Tool and Manufacturing Company