Metallizer Market Outlook - 2027
Metallizing is process of coating thin film of metal on the outer layer of non-metallic objects. Metallizing is the general process done to improve the resistance of material against rust and fatigue. Metals like Zinc, aluminum, silver are deposited on the non-metallic objects like plastic, polymers, glass and others. This process is done through a machine called as metallizer. Metallizer demand is increasing in automotive, aerospace, oil &gas and solar product manufacturing industries. This metallizing process include galvanic metallization, thermal metal spraying, vacuum metallization and fire metallization. Metallizers are mostly used by the food packaging industries to preserve the food for the longer duration.
Covid-19 Scenario analysis:
- The demand for the metallizer is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from automotive industries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the metallizer industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of metallizer market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The demand for the longer duration preservation of food product majorly drives the metallizer market and increase in the demand for the customer friendly products becoming the major growth drivers for metallizer. Further, the rise in the growth for protecting the products from the surrounding atmosphere has pushed up the metallizer market in food and pharmaceutical industries. Metallized plastics are the substitute to metal items as they reduce the weight in comparison to hard metals. Asia-Pacific region like India, China, Indonesia and Japan are rapidly increasing their food and pharmaceutical industries which also act as a major key factor for increasing the requirement for metallizer market. Asia-Pacific region is emerging and is having a high share in the metallizer market followed by Europe. However, the high initial investment and less infrastructural development can hinder the market growth. Contrarily, requirement for metallizer in food industry, pharmaceuticals, packaging and others present new opportunities for the metallizers market. The requirement for these tools in the food industry for packaging possess a high demand followed by polymer industries present new pathways for these machines.
The global metallizer market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
The launch of new products to the market can boost the growth of the market. In the past few years, many products were launched in the market. These products are well advanced with the technology and have unique features like the vacuum metallizers. In 2019, a vacuum metallizer firm, IDVAC ltd has invented another product with the decorative, packaging, horticulture and solar panel market. The new product is a white metallized covering with a metallic reflection finish. It includes a polymer that changes its shading to white after metallizing it with aluminum. The metallized aluminum can be applied utilizing thermal evaporation. The output has a white metallized finish on front and back surfaces of the film. In this procedure no colors are utilized. Films such as PET,BOPP and others can be coated with this new metallic finish. Moreover, these new generation metallizers offer cost and energy saving benefits.
Growing demand from industrial applications
Now a days manufacturers are producing new products on the basis of interests of the customers. On the basis of application metallizer are used in various industries like automotive sector, food packaging, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and other plastic based products industries. The food and pharmaceuticals industries are in large demand for these metallizer as the preservation of food and efficient packaging solutions are increasing rapidly. Many factors like consumption of food, storing of food for longer duration, in the beverages cans and also for the candy wrappers drive the use of metallizers in the industries. In addition, its metallizer are also used for laminations, Printing, cosmetics and other such purposes.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the metallizer Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the metallizer market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Metallizer Market Report Highlights
By End Users
Key Market Players
SRF Limited, Tapematic Spa, Uflex ltd, Polyplex, Surtech Industries, Inc., Ester Industries ltd, Sumilon Polyester Ltd, Jindal polyfilms ltd, Toray Industries ltd, Sumilon Industries Ltd.