Metallurgical limestone, also known as metgrade limestone, is a sedimentary rock, which contains calcium and magnesium carbonate. The percentage of calcium carbonate is about 54.35% and magnesium carbonate is about 45.65%. This composition of calcium and magnesium carbonate may vary depending on the deposits. Deposits that contain 10% more calcium carbonate over the theoretical composition are termed calcitic dolomite or high-calcium dolomite. Deposits that are characterized by decreased percentage of magnesium carbonate are called dolomitic limestone. The deposits that contain only 5-10% of magnesium carbonate are called magnesian limestones. Widely used in.
Metallurgical limestone is used as flux in steel industry and increase in its usage in construction, medical, agricultural, and various other industries drive the growth of the market. Moreover, increase in the demand for steel has fueled the demand for metallurgical limestone. However, the cost of extraction of the minerals is high, which hinders the market growth.
The metallurgical limestone market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type, the market is categorized into calcitic dolomite/high-calcium dolomite, dolomitic limestone, magnesian limestones, and others. Based on application, it is classified into construction industry, medical industry, agricultural, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are Lhoist Group, Omya AG, Sibelco, Minerals Technologies Inc., CEMEX, Nordkalk Corporation, Graymont Limited, Longcliffe Quarries Ltd, Carriere de Merlemont, and Nittetsu Mining Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Metallurgical Limestone Market Key Segments:
- Calcitic Dolomite/High-calcium Dolomite
- Dolomitic Limestone
- Magnesian Limestones
- Construction Industry
- Medical Industry
- Others (Glass Industry, Steel Industry, and Others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA