Metering pumps, also known as chemical dosing pumps or chemical injection pumps, have been used over the years for their high level of accuracy in pumping a wide variety of liquids in a host of end-use industries. Its significant contribution is also seen in the waste water management and water treatment market. The waste water management and water treatment market is now more environment-friendly and modernized. The development taking in metering pumps is of great significance in enhancing development in the waste water management and water treatment market. With excessive research and development activities, metering pumps are available with better quality. Moreover, the demand for metering pump has grown in waste and water treatment, oil & gas, and chemical processing industries. However, economic slowdown, declining oil prices, and the impact of COVID-19 on the industry are the major restraints for the industry.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Market Size Available for Years
Base Year Considered
Type, Application, and Region
Mcfarland-Tritan LLC, Dosiertechnik GmbH, Moyno Inc., SPX Flow Technology Norderstedt GmbH, Neptune Chemical Pump Company, Milton Roy Company, Seko S.P.A., Swelore Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Prominent Seepex GmbH, Walchem, Blue-White Industries Ltd., Emec S.R.L., Grundfos Water Treatment GmbH, Idex Corporation, and Injection Technical Control Inc.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus's unfavorable global effects are already evident, and had a big impact on the metering pumps market in 2020.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) declared a public health emergency after the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019. The disease has spread to over 100 nations and resulted in massive deaths globally. Exports & imports, global manufacturing, tourism, and financial sectors have all been heavily damaged.
- The downward pressure on the global economy, which had previously shown signs of improvement, has escalated once more. The outbreak of the virus has added danger factors to the international economy's already sluggish development. Many international groups have stated that the global economy is experiencing its most difficult moment since the financial crisis.
- Since the pandemic, the restriction of imports and exports has affected the metering pumps market to a great extent as consumers’ consumption and demand patterns are changing amidst the pandemic.
Top Impacting Factors
The increase in government promotions and regulations related to product standards, precision stimulates digitization, energy efficiency, and high growth application in areas such as pharmaceutical product has fuelled the demand for the global metering pump market. In addition, the demand for advanced water treatment and wastewater management has boosted along with increasing efforts made in oil and gas expansion augments the growth of this market the commercial zone has witnessed excessive increase in growing areas and consistent increase in developed/matured markets. The enterprise members are eager on addressing the call for in developing economies. The key marketplace gamers are adopting strategies, consisting of growth and joint venture, to beautify their competitiveness, boom their manufacturing capacities, and for higher penetration in excessive-increase areas, for instance, Asia-Pacific. Rapid industrialization, enhancing dwelling standards, a massive populace base, and low-value hard work in APAC have prompted organizations to set up their centers on this vicinity and cater to the call for. As new production gadgets are anticipated to return back up all through the forecast period, the call for for metering pumps is projected to rise. Manufacturing centers are specializing in automation to lessen lead times, pointless wastage, and unplanned downtime and make sure the protection of the surroundings and personnel. This is likewise anticipated to propel the marketplace all through the forecast period.
- Stringent Regulations for Wastewater Treatment and Increasing Capacity Additions are Key Drivers for Market Growth
- Governments of several countries have passed laws and regulations for industries to treat the water before discharging it into water bodies. Metering pumps are being used in wastewater treatment by accurate dosing of several chemicals, such as chlorine or other chemical additives, into the water to maintain pH level and kill pathogens. Therefore, the demand for metering pumps is increasing in the water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Growing Customization Demands from End-use Industries Boost Growth for Metering Pump Market
- The metering pump requirements in the different industries vary according to their application. The flow rate and discharge pressure need to be adjusted according to the dosing requirement. Moreover, different OEM manufacturer requirements vary according to the industry with regard to the design and performance of products. The need for metering pumps with measuring and control technology, terminal boxes, control cabinets with larger systems, and PLC programmable logic controllers is rising. Hence, to meet process requirements, companies manufacture tailor-made functional blocks. This makes it difficult for companies to attain economies of scale. Moreover, local manufactures are sometimes unable to provide the customizable products due to a lack of technology and skills.
- Increase in Focus on Decreasing Water Table Level Helps Market to Expand
- The growing demand for potable water across the globe is one of the most important factors that boosts the uptake of metering pumps. The shortage of safe drinking water is a major problem in several regions, with a rapid pace of industrialization and urbanization. This has resulted in the adoption of metering pumps in the treatment of wastewater. The global market is also propelled by the rise in popularity of digital pumping solutions.
Key Benefits of Report
This study presents the analytical depiction of the metering pumps market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the metering pumps market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the metering pumps market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed metering pumps market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in Metering Pumps Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the metering pumps market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Metering Pumps Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Pump Drive
Key Market Players
Mcfarland-Tritan LLC, Seepex Gmbh, Moyno Inc., IDEX Corporation, SPX Flow Technology, Neptune Chemical Pump Company, ProMinent, Blue-White Industries Ltd., EMEC S.r.l., Walchem