Methylene chloride is an organochlorine compound with the formula CH2CL2, which is also called as dichloromethane (DCM). This colorless, unstable fluid has a mildly sweet aroma, and is widely used as a solvent. It finds its applications in paints & coatings industry, metal cleaning, polyurethane foams as a blowing agent, and is used to decaffeinate tea & coffee.
Surge in demand for solvent in automotive & construction industries, easy availability of methylene chloride, and rise in demand for fluorocarbons are expected to drive the growth of the global methylene chloride market. However, increase in health concerns due to increased exposure to methylene chloride and implementation of stringent regulations by the American Coatings Association on the use of methylene chloride are is expected to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period. On the contrary, factors such as increase in production of methylene chloride in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for market expansion.
Key segmentation is done on the basis of application and region. The applications covered in the study include paint remover, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing, metal cleaning, and others. Region wise, the global methylene chloride market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global methylene chloride market include Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Dow, AkzoNobel N.V., Kem One, Olin Corporation, PPG industries, Inc., LOTTE Fine chemical, Gujrat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited., and Eastman Chemical Company. These companies have adopted various strategies such as product launch, partnership, merger, and acquisition to strengthen their foothold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- Major countries in the regions have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
Methylene Chloride Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Eastman Chemical Company, PPG industries, Inc., LOTTE Fine chemical, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., Gujrat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited., AkzoNobel N.V., Olin Corporation, KEM ONE, Dow