Mexoryl SX (Ecamsule) Market Research, 2031
The global mexoryl sx (ecamsule) market was valued at $49.5 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $82.6 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2022 to 2031.
Mexoryl SX is the trade name for ecamsule, or terephthalylidene dicamphor sulfonic acid. It is an organic sun filter (carbon-based) developed and patented by L'Oréal in 1982. It protects mainly against UVA rays, the main cause of premature skin aging and skin cancers. In addition, it is used as a photostable drug that resists the formation of UV induced pyrimidine dimers and delays the onset of skin cancer.
The increasing awareness toward skincare, beauty, and lifestyle has surged the demand for personal care & cosmetic products where mexoryl SX (ecamsule) protects skin mainly from long wave ultraviolet A (UVA) rays that is the main cause of premature skin aging and skin cancers. For instance, according to a report published by the Indian Ministry of Economy and Industry, the personal care and cosmetics industry is one of the fastest-growing consumer products sectors, which may propel the growth of the mexoryl SX (ecamsule) market. In addition, rise in concerns about skin protection against detrimental rays of the sun and improved alertness regarding skin cancer have led the customers become more linear toward using mexoryl SX (ecamsule)-based sunscreens, which fosters the growth of the mexoryl SX (ecamsule) market. However, lack of awareness among customers about the benefits of mexory SX (ecamsule) may restrain the growth of the mexoryl SX (Ecamsule) market during the forecast period.
On the contrary, increasing R&D activities for developing a broad spectrum of sunscreens formulation where mexoryl SX (ecamsule) is widely used for photo-protection purposes in all skin types may create new opportunities for the market.
The mexoryl sx (ecamsule) market is segmented into purity level, application, and region. On the basis of purity level the market is segregated into less than 98% and more than 98%. Depending on application, it is fragmented into cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and others. Region wise, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major companies profiled in this report include Biosynth Carbosynth, ChemScene LLC, Derma Company, National Analytical Corporation, Norna Technology Co., Skylead Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals, L'Oréal S.A., and MFCI CO., LTD (Hubei Meifeng Chemical Co., Ltd.).
The Europe mexoryl (SX) ecamsule market size is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to increasing proportion of elder population in countries such as Italy, Spain which in turn has surged the demand for anti-ageing creams where mexoryl SX (ecamsule) acts as an active ingredient in manufacturing various anti-ageing formulations. For instance, according to a report published by Population Reference Bureau, Italy ranks seconds in world’s oldest populations (aged 65 and above) with 23% of the population with age 65 and above. This factor is augmenting the growth of the mexoryl (SX) ecamsule market in the Europe region.
In 2021, the more than 98% segment was the largest revenue generator, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. This is attributed to the increasing incidence of both non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancers mexoryl SX (ecamsule) with more than 98% purity levels is widely used to produce anti-skin cancer drugs. For instance, according to a report published by the World Health Organization (WHO), around 2-3 million cases of non-melanoma skin cancers and 132,000 cases of melanoma skin cancers occur globally each year. This has surged the popularity of mexoryl (SX) ecamsule with more than 98% purity levels among the pharmaceutical sector.
By application, the cosmetics segment dominated the global market in 2021, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during forecast period. This is attributed to rising concerns about skin protection against detrimental rays of the sun and improved alertness regarding skin cancer have led the customers become more linear towards using mexoryl SX (ecamsule)-based sunscreens and other cosmetic formulations. This factor may fuel the demand for mexoryl (SX) ecamsule for cosmetics applications.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE GLOBAL MEXORYL SX (ECAMSULE) MARKET
- The novel coronavirus is an incomparable global pandemic that has spread to over 180 countries and caused huge losses of lives and the economy around the globe.
- The mexoryl SX (ecamsule) market has had moderate impact due to the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, owing to the disruptions in the supply chain for various personal hygiene, and medical products.
- Furthermore, to control the surge of novel coronavirus cases, there is a drastic shift of investments from other sectors towards healthcare. Also, several ecamsule manufacturing companies have either shut down or shrank their operations due to the risk of infection among the workforce. This has temporarily hampered the demand and supply chain of air-laid products amid the COVID-19 period.
- However, growing awareness related to personal care activities has surged the demand for mexoryl SX (ecamsule)-based sunscreens, anti-ageing creams, and other cosmetic products during the COVID-19 pandemic which in turn has increased the demand for mexoryl SX (ecamsule) market.
- Moreover, several ecamsule manufacturing companies have adopted safety strategies and techniques which in turn may increase the demand for air-laid product as the market starts stabilizing.
- In 2020, mexoryl SX (ecamsule) prices were higher in Asia-Pacific region. The price rise was, due to continued regional demand trends and tight product availability. Firm downstream air-laid product’s demand and stronger upstream costs are expected to sustain the price gain.
- However, the mexoryl SX (ecamsule) market is expected to recover rapidly post COVID-19 situation due to its increased dependency over pharmaceutical other sectors. For instance, according to an article published by Financial Express, the Indian pharmaceutical industry registered a growth of 15% in 2021, and is expected to grow at an average annual growth rate of 18.6% by 2025. This is expected to enhance the performance of the mexoryl SX (ecamsule) post- COVID-19 scenario.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the mexoryl sx (ecamsule) market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing mexoryl sx (ecamsule) market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the mexoryl sx (ecamsule) market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global mexoryl sx (ecamsule) market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Mexoryl SX (Ecamsule) Market Report Highlights
By Purity Level
Key Market Players
L'Oréal S.A., Skylead Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals, Derma Companies, ChemScene LLC, Norna Technology Co., Biosynth Carbosynth, Parchem Fine and Specialty Chemicals, MFCI CO.,LTD, Merck KGaA, NATIONAL ANALYTICAL CORPORATION
According to CXOs of leading companies, the global mexoryl SX (ecamsule) market is expected to exhibit high growth potential during the forecast period. Mexoryl (SX) ecamsule are used in a variety of applications including personal care & cosmetics, laboratory chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and others. The cosmetics sector that requires the prevention from premature ageing and long ultraviolet (UVA) rays can be accomplished with the use of mexoryl SX (ecamsule).
In addition, ecamsule possess excellent significant properties such as photostability, renewability, and non-toxicity that make it best suited for use in manufacturing photostable drug that resists the formation of UV-induced pyrimidine dimers and delays the onset of skin cancer. CXOs further added that sustained economic growth and development of the cosmetics sector have increased the popularity of mexoryl SX (ecamsule).