The mica group of sheet silicate minerals includes several closely related minerals with nearly perfect crystal structure. It is basically a mineral name for a group of minerals that are physically and chemically similar. It is stable upon exposure to electricity, light, moisture, and extreme temperature. It acts as a filler & extender, provides smooth consistency, improved workability of the compound, and provides resistance to cracking. Furthermore, mica is used in paint industry as a pigment extender to facilitate suspension, prevent shrinkage, reduce chalking, and increase the resistance of the paint film.
The global mica market is driven by increasing use of mica in various applications such as electronics and paints & coatings. However, it can be replaced with acrylate polymers, cellulose acetate, fiberglass, nylon, phenolic, polyester, and others in electrical, electronics, and insulation. Thus, the aforementioned factors are expected to hamper the market growth.
The global mica market is segmented based on type, grade, end user, and geography. On the basis of type, it is divided into natural and synthetic. On the basis of grade, it is categorized into ground mica, sheet mica, and built-up mica. On the basis of end-user, it is segmented into paints & coatings, electronics, construction, cosmetics, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Asheville-Schoonmaker Mica Company, Daruka Minerals, BASF Catalysts LLC, Cogebi N.V., Cleveland Mica Company, Franklin Industrial Minerals Co., Premier Mica Company, Mica Manufacturing Co. Pvt. Ltd., Santa Fe Gold Corporation, and Gunpatroy Private Limited are provided in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global mica market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- The competitive landscape of the industry is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Mica Market Key Segments:
- Ground Mica
- Sheet Mica
- Built-Up Mica
By End User
- Paints & Coatings
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA