Micelles suspended in soft water are dispersed in a micellar water solution. Micelles are tiny round balls of oil molecules that are used to clean. It's a skincare product that removes makeup and cleanses the skin without rinsing. Micellar water is applied to the skin and then washed away. The microscopic lipid particles (micelles) on the skin dissolve the oil and grime, and wiping off the cleanser removes the dirt while also cleansing the skin. Micellar water solution is suitable for sensitive skin of all types, with formulas for oily, dry, and sensitive skin. Various beauty firms have introduced micellar water to the masses by launching their own micellar water products. It is being marketed as the ideal beauty product because it comes in useful when people are vacationing, camping, or visiting places where there is no running water. Soaps and detergents, which are both surfactants, produce micelles. Surfactants are found in a variety of products such as your laundry, kitchen, toilet bowl, and floor. It is able to trap oil and debris inside its compact spherical structure, making dirt removal much easier. However, micellar water's usefulness is restricted because it is ineffective at removing waterproof eye makeup, thick makeup, or foundation.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The global micellar cleansing market has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 lockout scenario. Due to the closure of distribution channels such as specialized stores, supermarkets, beauty salons, and others, sales and revenue have decreased significantly. Initially, consumers' preferences for vital food items over cosmetic products influenced the micellar cleansing water market.
- In terms of production, the micellar cleansing water market has been damaged, since many manufacturing plants have had to shut down, resulting in a staff shortage.
- The global supply chain for micellar cleansing water was disrupted as a result of the lockdown scenario and transit constraints, compromising product availability in offline distribution channels. Due to the lack of mobility, late delivery has resulted in a drop in e-commerce sales.
- In the post-COVID era, key players have been leaning toward experimenting with new digital tools and technology to engage and interact with consumers
Top Impacting Factors
The rapid rise in pollution and global skin ageing are the primary drivers of the global micellar water market. Both men and women use a wide range of cosmetics that must be removed on a regular basis. This is directly contributing to the global growth of the micellar water market.
Furthermore, rising disposable income in developing nations, changing lifestyles, and increasing health awareness among the general public are likely to increase the worldwide micellar market. Micellar water is a multi-purpose product that works as a makeup remover, cleanser, toner, and purifier all in one.
Variants in multi-purpose micelle solution have been developed as a result of technological advancements and invention. Increased beauty awareness, increased R&D investments, increased innovation and technology, new product development, improved existing products, increased awareness of new cosmetic products, and biological compatibility with skin, elimination of water-soluble and greasy substances from skin. This boost the market.
Micellar Cleaning Water with Multiple Uses
- Micellar cleansing water comes in a variety of colors and functions, all packaged in enticing color-coded packaging. Garnier SkinActive micellar cleansing water in pink may be used as a makeup remover, blue can be used to remove waterproof makeup, and green can be used to remove makeup. It has mattifying characteristics and does not require rinsing. Micellar cleansing water is a skin-friendly alternative to toner because it does not include alcohol. Micellar cleaning water is a multi-purpose product that can be used to cleanse the skin, remove makeup, provide a double cleanse, and apply sunscreens.
- Increased demand for organic products has opened up a new path for the micellar cleansing water market, allowing for the introduction of natural micellar water containing additional plant extracts, which reduces the harsh chemical effect on delicate skin. The development of micellar beard water designed exclusively for males has also opened up new avenues for growth.
- The Introduction of Small Bottle Packs has Improved the Sales
- The rural population of a developing country doesn't encourage buying micellar water that comes in large quantity as the requirement for the product is not so high daily. The manufacturing companies recognized the consumer behavior of the rural market and introduced a small bottle pack of product that comes for a low price with single or multiple uses. This type of small bottle pack has improved the sales of micellar water and has reached remote parts of the country.
- Social Media Plays a Vital Role in the Advertisement of Micellar Water
- The companies approach renowned social media creators to endorse their brand as they have a high social media following; the advertisement expected to reach a large group of people. Promotion is creating awareness in the customer to adapt to better hygiene and health habits. By the advertising, the companies are conveying a message that by using their product the consumer is expected to achieve a glow in their face.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the micellar water industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the micellar water market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the micellar water market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed micellar water market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the micellar water market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Micellar Water" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Micellar Water" Market?
Micellar Water Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Johnson & Johnson, FANCL Corporation, Estee Lauder Corporation, Mandom Corporation, Byphase, Proctor & Gamble, Curel, LVMH, Avene, Unilever plc, Maxingvest AG, Bioderma Laboratories, Avon Products, DHC Corporation, Natura& Co., Marie Dalgar, Carslan, L’Oreal S.A, Alovivi