Microcellular polyurethane foam is flexible, open cell, and closed cell urethane foam that is very economical and has excellent resistance to compression set. The foam has good cushioning, sealing, and vibration control due to very low compression properties. Also, the open cell structure allows gas and vapors to pass through the material. It can also be formulated to form an integral skin, as it is mechanically mixed, and hence the cell size is more uniform. Automotive application accounts for the largest share of the global microcellular polyurethane foam market due to its use in cushioning purposes, as well as in bodies of the car, where their insulation properties provide protection against heat and noise of the engine.
Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing market for microcellular polyurethane foam. Developing countries like India and China as well as developed countries like Japan have high demand for the foam. The factors that drive the market are high-growth application areas, such as automotive, aerospace, & construction industries and increase in consumer spending in emerging economies. Volatile raw material prices as well as environmental impact related to raw materials are the main factors that may restrain the growth of the global microcellular polyurethane foam market.
The report segments the microcellular polyurethane foam market by type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into high density foam and low density foam. According to application, the market is classified into automotive, building & construction, electronics, medical, aerospace, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Recent advancements in the market include achievement of ISO 9001:2008 conformance registration by Mearthane Products Corp. in June, 2016 and development of flexible polyurethane integral foam that can be used to produce lightweight engine coverings by BASF in March 2015.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as BASF SE, The DOW Chemical Company, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, Huntsman Corporation, Evonik Industries, Inoac Corporation, Rogers Corporation, Rubberlite Inc., Mearthane Products Corporation, Griswold International Llc and ERA Polymers is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global microcellular polyurethane foam market.
- Geographically, the microcellular polyurethane foam market is analyzed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific & LAMEA as well as country wise evaluations are also done in the report.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global microcellular polyurethane foam market is mentioned in the report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2014 to 2022 in terms of value and quantity.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
MICROCELLULAR POLYURETHANE FOAM MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- High Density Foam
- Low Density Foam
- Building & Construction
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA