Microspheres are free flowing powders consisting of proteins or synthetic polymers which are biodegradable in nature. Microspheres are of various types like bio adhesive microspheres, magnetic microspheres, floating microspheres, radioactive microspheres, polymeric microspheres, biodegradable polymeric microspheres, synthetic polymeric microspheres. The methods used for the preparation of microspheres include spray drying, solvent evaporation, single emulsion technique, double emulsion technique, phase separation concertation technique, spray drying and spray congealing, solvent extraction, quassi emulsion solvent diffusion. The controlled and sustained release of microspheres makes it applicable to be used in drug delivery system.
Rise in demand from the current and emerging applications such as medical technology drives the market for microspheres. The improved efficacy, reduced toxicity, improved patient compliance and convenience of microspheres has led to increasing demand in drug delivery system. Increasing demand in other applications such as cosmetics & personal care, oil & gas, and life science is expected to boost the growth of microsphere market during the forecast period. Volatility in the raw material prices, lack of quality control check across developing countries, and requirements of huge investments in R&D are some of the threats for the microsphere market.
The report segments the microsphere market on the basis of raw material, type, application, and geography. On the basis of raw material, the market is segmented into glass, ceramic, fly ash, polymer and metallic. Based on the type, market is segmented into hollow and solid microspheres. Hollow microsphere segment is expected to register high growth rate during the forecast period. Because of its favorable properties such as low crush strength, density and absorption. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into construction composites, medical technology, cosmetics & personal care, automotive, oil & gas, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America holds the largest share in terms of both value and volume in 2015 followed by Western Europe.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as 3M, Potters Industries LLC, AkzoNobel N.V., Matsumoto Yushi Seiyaku Company, Trelleborg AB, Luminex Corporation, Momentive Performance Materials Inc., Chase Corporation, Sigmund Lindner GmbH, and Mo-Sci Corporation.In April, 2016 3M planned to use glass microspheres into greenhouse film for agricultural use.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global microsphere market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global microsphere market by type helps in understanding the types of microsphere that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions are provided that helps in determining the prevailing opportunities in these geographies
- Key market players within the microsphere market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global microsphere market.
MICROSPHERES MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
Market by Raw Material
- Fly ash
Market by Type
Market by Application
- Construction & composites
- Medical technology
- Cosmetics & personal care
- Oil & gas
Market by Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA