Middleware is a computer software that offers services to software applications except for those, which are already available from the operating system. It lies between an operating system and the application running on it. It functions as a hidden translation layer and enables communication as well as data management for distributed applications.
Common middleware examples include application server middleware, database middleware, message-oriented middleware, transaction-processing middleware, and web middleware. It effectively manages memory allocation and relocation, processes, data, states, and replications. Further, it leverages hardware & software technological advances and controls end-to-end resources as well as services quality.
The growth of the global middleware market is attributed to technological advancements in e-commerce, exponential growth in databases across enterprises, and increase in need for cost-effective A2A integrations. In addition, growth in process automation, need to reduce complexity of operations, and rise in demand for B2B integrations offer significant growth opportunities for the middleware market. However, lack of governing standards and existing complexity in operations hamper the market growth.
The report segments the middleware market based on deployment model, component, type, organization size, industry vertical, and region. As per deployment model, the market is divided into on-premises and cloud. As per component, the market is categorized into solution and services. Solution segment is further studied across integration and platform middleware, BPM enabling technologies, and Business to Business middleware. Based on type, it is classified into communication middleware, integration middleware, platform middleware, and others. As per organization size, the market is bifurcated into large and SME. By industry vertical, it is studied across healthcare, BFSI, retail and consumer goods, IT & telecom, public sector, oil & gas, transportation & hospitality, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Unisys Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, SAP SE, IBM Corporation, HP, Fujitsu, Oracle Corporation, Software AG, Tibco Inc., and Salesforce.com are also provided in this report.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global middleware market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain is taken into account to elucidate the competitive environment across the geographies.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2016-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global middleware market is provided.
Middleware Market Key Segments:
By Deployment Model
- Platform Middleware
- BPM Enabling Technologies
- Business to Business Middleware
- Communication Middleware
- Integration Middleware
- Platform Middleware
By Organization Size
By Industry Vertical
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- IT & Telecom
- Public Sector
- Oil & Gas
- Transportation & Hospitality
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East