Migraine is a type of severe headache characterized by nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. Hence, the treatment of migraine headaches is facilitated by the administration of preventive medications, to avoid migraine attacks.
The major factors that drive the growth of this market is the consistent rise in the incidence rates of migraine cases, increased acceptance levels, increased awareness, and technological advances in the development of anti-migraine drugs. On the other hand, patent expirations, high genericization, and emergence of local players may mask the growth of the market. The growth opportunities in emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The market can be segmented by type of therapeutic class of drugs involved in the treatment and by region. The major anti-migraine drugs are segmented by type into triptans, which is sub-segmented into sumatriptan, zolmitriptan, ergot, and others. Geographically the market has been analyzed across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Some of the major market players in this market are Abbott Laboratories, Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt. Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer, Inc., AstraZeneca plc, GlaxoSmithKline plc, ALLERGAN, and Endo International plc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analysed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global migraine drugs market by type helps understand the types of anti-migraine drugs that are currently being used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future.
Global Migraine Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Ergot alkaloids
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA