The aircraft actuation system adjusts levers and flaps to extend and retract landing gears, monitor, control velocity, and engine speed. Moreover, various energy sources such as electricity, hydraulic fluid pressure, or pneumatic pressure, which convert energy into motion, are utilized operate the actuation systems. Furthermore, the military aircraft actuation system also controls the missiles launching, weapon bay door, air brake, wing rotate & fold, and others. The actuation components include valve actuators, servo motors, electric motors, generators, pumps, power transfer units, and others. The actuators are controlled from the cockpit by the pilots using fly-by-wire systems. The control column movements of piolet are interpreted by a flight computer that sends electrical signals to actuator control electronics. The control electronics instruct the operation of either hydraulic control valves to set in motion hydraulic actuators or electric motors to move electromechanical actuators. Furthermore, fly-by-wire systems enabled aircraft manufacturers to integrate more electrically powered actuators in airplane systems such as electro hydrostatic actuators and electromechanical actuators. These actuators are powered by electricity generated by engine-driven generators distributed by power-by-wire systems.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Government across the all the major countries have announced a lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic resulting in the halt of business. Moreover, due to decline in economy and increasing focus on health budget in many countries have reduced their defense budget affecting the demand military aircraft actuation system. Since, due to lockdown the manufacturing of military aircraft has been halted directly affecting the demand for military aircraft actuation system.
Furthermore, due lockdown there was unavailability of raw materials required for manufacturing of military aircraft actuation system. Moreover, due to social distancing & travelling restriction norms, there was unavailability of labor required for production of military aircraft actuation system. Defense is an evolving sector which had a slight setback due to the pandemic, but it is expected to recover post pandemic and drive growth of military aircraft actuation system market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in demand for military aircraft, surge in demand of actuation system in military & defense sector, and increase in use combat aircraft in mission drive the market growth.
- Rapid changes in technology and leakage issue in hydraulic actuators hinder the market growth.
- Rise in shift toward electric actuators, surge in terrorist attacks, and increase in use of lightweight material act as an opportunity for market growth.
Rise in Demand of Actuation System in Military & Defense Sector
To strengthen the countries safety & security government of major countries are investing heavily in the defense sector. Since the actuation system controls a lot of important functions of the military fighter aircraft it must respond quickly and improved efficiency. For instance, in 2019 Parker Aerospace was granted a contract of tail flight control actuator for MQ-25 unmanned aerial vehicle of Boeing by the U.S. Navy. The rise in government investment in military & defense will increase the number of aircraft and drive the growth of the military aircraft actuation system market
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the military aircraft actuation system market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the military aircraft actuation system market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the military aircraft actuation system market.
- The report provides detailed military aircraft actuation system market analysis based on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Military Aircraft Actuation System Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the military aircraft actuation system market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the military aircraft actuation system market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Military Aircraft Actuation System Market Report Highlights
By Wing Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Liebherr Group, Moog Inc, Woodward Inc., Saab AB, Parker Hannifin Corporation, United Technologies Corporation, Eaton Corporation, General Electric Company, Honeywell International Inc., Curtiss-Wright Corporation