Military Aircraft Weather Avionics Market Outlook – 2027
The global military aircraft weather avionics market is experiencing a significant growth due to increasing military fleet of developing countries. Military aircraft avionics systems compromise various electronic systems and vast array of sensors installed in the aircraft as well as integrated into the cockpit to execute specialized functions such as communication, navigation, and monitoring the aircraft functions. Weather avionics specializes in weather monitoring system. Especially, these components play a vital role during situations of war, during which the aircraft operator has to maintain a high level of situational awareness. Currently, advanced military avionics systems include more software and less hardware, which favors the maintenance requirements.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
COVID-19 pandemic has forced governments around the world to refrain from mobilizing military personnel to prevent the spread of disease; hence, slowing down military movement and reduced usage of military aircrafts.
The delay in order processing and procurement due to supply chain restrictions caused by the COVID-19 has put hold on all ongoing military aircraft avionics projects.
Governments are diverting all economic resources to combat COVID-19 scenario, at the same time military organizations are left with huge budgetary constraints impacting ongoing aircraft avionics upgradation.
The lockdown and social distancing imposed by authorities to contain the COVID-19 will negatively impact military aircraft avionics system training of the personnel.
Military has been called to aid in COVID-19 crisis by respective countries, consequently diverting all focus on civilian aid, rendering combat aircraft avionics impractical in short term.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in retrofit & aircraft upgradation, increase in demand for UAVs for surveillance, and rise in adoption of synthetic vision system (SVS) used to overcome the issues associated with limited outside visibility for the pilot are the factors that drive the global military aircraft weather avionics market. However, budget constraints for developing countries for military aircraft avionics and expensive R&D in military aircraft avionics hinder the market growth. On the contrary, updates on technical standards in military aviation and employment of software-based military avionics present new pathways in the industry.
The global military aircraft weather avionics market trends are as follows:
Surge in retrofit and aircraft upgradation
Recently, in 2020, the German Navy has officially announced the hand-over of the first NH90 Sea Lion naval helicopter that will replace the old naval helicopter Sea King Mk 41. The NH90’s naval version is a ship-based compact maritime helicopter, one of the primary maritime weapon systems for any surface fleet. Further, the NH90 NFH has been designed to conduct anti-submarine warfare (ASW) and anti-surface ship warfare missions. It has a crew of three including a pilot, a tactical operator, and a sensor system operator. In addition, the cabin of the NH90 NFH is equipped with an avionics bay with a sensor operator station and a tactical coordinator station, a dipping sonar, and a sonobuoy launcher. Moreover, advanced navigation and ship landing aids enable the helicopter to perform safe landings in day/night and adverse weather conditions, supplemented by a deck lock device for securing the touchdown in high sea states. Such surge in retrofit and aircraft upgradation is expected to further drive the global military aircraft avionics market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global military aircraft weather avionics industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global military aircraft weather avionics market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global military aircraft weather avionics market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global military aircraft weather avionics market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the military aircraft weather avionics market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the military aircraft weather avionics market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Military Aircraft Weather Avionics Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Aircraft Type
Key Market Players
Avidyne Corporation, Genesys Aerosystems, The Boeing Company, Thales Group, Apsen Avionics Inc., ALTI Aviation, Appareo Systems LLC, BAE Systems plc, L3 Avionics System, Cobham plc