Military Array Antenna Market Outlook – 2027
The global military array antenna market is experiencing a significant growth due to increase in demand for antennas with long-range capabilities for defense applications. Antenna arrays are composed of group of similar antenna elements that increases the gain compared to a single element antenna. Meanwhile, the same radiated power is more concentrated to one certain direction, owing to reduced beam-width compared to the single element antenna. Antenna type & size can vary depending on the frequency used by antenna as well as system in which antenna is installed. Military antennas are used with various military systems for applications such as tracking, enemy aircraft warning, incoming missile warning, electronic-warfare, and ground mapping & surveillance.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Military antenna manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to government-imposed lockdown in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Communication system manufacturers are facing operational issues due to supply chain disruption caused by the government initiatives to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Military antenna developers have postponed the test & development of under-development military antenna in the absence of international technical workforce required for the job.
Governments have redirected all financial resources to fight the COVID-19 outbreak; hence, procurement of military antennas will be delayed until situation neutralizes.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in military expenditure, increase in demand for defense satellite communication equipment, and rise in adoption of multifunctional radars are the factors that drive the global military array antenna market. However, high cost involved in the development hinders the market growth. On the contrary, advancements in drone technology and development of various antennas such as microstrip, metamaterial, and plasma antenna present new pathways in the industry.
The global military array antenna market trends are as follows:
Demand for defense satellite communication equipment
ALCAN Systems, a smart antenna startup from Germany, announced the start of its product development program to produce a fixed ground terminal with an electronically steerable flat-panel antenna for low earth orbit (LEO) and medium earth orbit (MEO) satellite constellations that operate on Ka-Band frequencies. The program is aimed to initiate production in 18 months and make its first antenna deliveries to initial customers by last quarter of 2021. The antenna is based on ALCAN’s innovative liquid crystal based phased array antenna technology that achieves the lowest unit cost and power consumption performance in the industry. The antenna will be priced at 1,700 USD (full terminal price estimated at 2,800 USD) and can achieve throughputs in excess of 400 Mbps. The antenna design is modular and will allow multiple antennas to be combined to achieve higher gain/throughput based on the needs of the customers. Moreover, in 2019, Roccor (defense & aerospace component manufacturer headquartered in Colorado, US) was awarded 3 million USD contract by AFRL to develop the current Link 16 demonstration mission antenna into a production-ready design capable of serving the needs of upcoming satellite constellation providers such as SpaceX’s Starlink. Such demand for defense satellite communication equipment is expected to drive the global military array antenna market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global military array antenna industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global military array antenna market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global military array antenna market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global military array antenna market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the military array antenna market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the military array antenna market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Military Array Antenna Market Report Highlights
By Frequency Band
Key Market Players
Raytheon Company, Barker & Williamson., Cojot Oy, Eylex Pty Ltd., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Rohde & Schwarz GmbH, Comrod Communications, Harris Corporation, Antenna Products Corporation, MTI Wireless Edge