Military Embedded System Hardware Market Outlook – 2027
The global military embedded system hardware market is experiencing a significant growth due to custom military system requirements. Military embedded system is a combination of computer hardware & software with dedicated defense application. There are different hardware components like power supply, processor, memory, timers and counters that make the embedded hardware. Embedded systems are computer system consisting of components such as memory, processor, and input/output peripherals that can function as standalone system or function with a larger system. Further, military embedded systems are an open architecture hardware used for military electronic applications. Military embedded systems are used in communication equipment, command & control system, data storage devices, and military computers, among others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Embedded system manufacturers are forced to halt production operations due government-imposed lockdown in the wake of COVID-19.
Military system designers are facing short-term operational issues due to supply chain disruption caused by the government initiatives to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Research & development in processor manufacturing industry has been adversely affected due to the lack of necessary international workforce owing to the travel bans imposed by the governments globally to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Embedded systems manufacturers are witnessing decline in demand for custom or standard hardware system, since the governments as well as consumers are focused on supply of essentials such as food and safety equipment owing to COVID-19 pandemic.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in usage of multi-core technology, increase in demand for commercial off the shelf hardware, and rise in adoption of electronic warfare system are the factors that drive the global military embedded system hardware market. However, high cost of military embedded systems hinders the market growth. On the contrary, cloud computing, network-centric warfare system, and wireless technologies present new pathways in the industry.
The global military embedded system hardware market trends are as follows:
Surge in usage of multi-core technology
Embedded system designed for electronic warfare system requires a lot of signal processing capacity. Hence, defense system integrators are utilizing high performance embedded computing (HPEC) technologies such as multi-core to solve signal processing bottleneck. Recently, in 2020, three UC Riverside (public research university in California, US) engineers have received a 1.2-million USD grant from the US National Science Foundation to develop a new generation of energy-efficient, energy-elastic, and real-time-aware graphic processor units (GPUs) suitable for use in resource-constrained environments such as emerging embedded and autonomous systems, including aerial drones, and autonomous vehicles. In order to operate correctly and safely, autonomous systems, such as aerial drones and autonomous vehicles, need to perform millions of simultaneous calculations at speeds that even the most advanced state-of-the-art computing cannot quite match. Further, the UC Riverside project will provide solutions that span both software and hardware to enable real-time embedded GPUs for autonomous systems. In addition, multi-core technology helps designers to adapt to future hardware needs and meet tight budget constraints. Such surge in usage of multi-core technology is expected to boost the global military embedded system hardware market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global military embedded system hardware industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global military embedded system hardware market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global military embedded system hardware market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global military embedded system hardware market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the military embedded system hardware market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the military embedded system hardware market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Military Embedded System Hardware Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Telephonics Corporation, Radisys Corporation, Kontron AG, Abaco Systems, Intel Corporation, Xilinx Inc., BAE Systems, General Micro Systems, Microsemi Corporation