Military Embedded System Software Market Outlook – 2027
The global military embedded system software market is experiencing a significant growth due to custom military system requirements. Military embedded system is a combination of computer hardware & software with dedicated defense application. Embedded systems software can be defined as specialized programming tools in embedded devices that facilitate the functioning of the machines. The software manages various hardware devices and systems. The basic idea behind embedded systems software is to control the functioning of a set of hardware devices without compromising on the purpose or the efficiency. Embedded systems are computer system consisting of components such as memory, processor, and input/output peripherals that can function as standalone system or function with a larger system.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Embedded system manufacturers are forced to halt production operations due government-imposed lockdown in the wake of COVID-19.
Military system designers are facing short-term operational issues due to supply chain disruption caused by the government initiatives to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Research & development in processor manufacturing industry has been adversely affected due to the lack of necessary international workforce owing to the travel bans imposed by the governments globally to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Embedded systems manufacturers are witnessing decline in demand for custom or standard hardware system, since the governments as well as consumers are focused on supply of essentials such as food and safety equipment owing to COVID-19 pandemic.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in usage of multi-core technology, increase in demand for commercial off the shelf hardware, and rise in adoption of electronic warfare system are the factors that drive the global military embedded system software market. However, high cost of military embedded systems hinders the market growth. On the contrary, cloud computing, network-centric warfare system, and wireless technologies present new pathways in the industry.
The global military embedded system software market trends are as follows:
Rise in adoption of electronic warfare system
Electronic warfare utilizes radar, radio, and infrared to attack enemy or impede enemy assault. Recently, in 2019, General Dynamics Mission Systems (business unit of General Dynamics specializing in secure communication and information systems and technology headquartered in Virginia, US) announced that it was awarded 731.8 million USD for the mobile user objective system (MUOS) ground system sustainment. MUOS is a next-generation satellite communications system to provide secure voice and data communications for US forces worldwide. General Dynamics Mission Systems provides the integrated ground segments for MUOS intended to provide secure cell phone-like communications for warfighters on the move. According to the company, MUOS was deemed operationally effective, operationally survivable, and cyber survivable, following completion of its Multiservice Operational Test and Evaluation (MOT&E). Further, the integrated electronic warfare embedded system in MUOS will provide electronic jamming capabilities. Such rise in adoption of electronic warfare system will drive the global military embedded system software market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global military embedded system software industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global military embedded system software market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global military embedded system software market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global military embedded system software market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the military embedded system software market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the military embedded system software market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Military Embedded System Software Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
Kontron AG, General Micro Systems, Xilinx Inc., Telephonics Corporation, Abaco Systems, Radisys Corporation, Intel Corporation, BAE Systems, Microsemi Corporation, Curtiss-Wright Corporation